Film Protectors.. 2 questions

i0Nic

Feb 19, 2008
1) Does anyone use the Bodyguardz film protection? Does it cover the chrome bezel?

2) I have heard of at least one instance of someone taking off his Invisibleshield and the etching that says iPhone and has the serial number came off with it. Anyone have any experience of negative effects when taking off these films?

cheers.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
I use one from Boxwave.com but it does not cover the bezel only the screen. I use the flexskin Boxwave sale's to cover the back and bezel. Think the screen protection is a must my screen looks like new and I had my phone from the get go of iPhones.

1) Does anyone use the Bodyguardz film protection? Does it cover the chrome bezel?

2) I have heard of at least one instance of someone taking off his Invisibleshield and the etching that says iPhone and has the serial number came off with it. Anyone have any experience of negative effects when taking off these films?

cheers.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008

cheers.
I had a BodyGuardz protector on my phone, and quite honestly, I hated it.

I did eventually remove it. The text on the back of the phone did indeed show up on the skin when I removed it, but it did not remove it from the back of the phone! It only created an "image" of it, if you will, on the skin.

I didn't like it for several reasons: I like to put my phone in a secondary leather case which I then put into my pocket. With the skin, it was so incredibly tight that I could barely get it in and out of the secondary case. If you aren't going to do this, then this probably isn't a concern for you, however.

Secondly, yes, the phone will dock in the iPhone dock with the skin on, but it is so crazy tight, that putting it into the dock damaged the skin.

Lastly, it was uncomfortable. Every time I placed the phone to my ear to talk on the thing, the skin would rub against my ear and, quite frankly, it hurt.

There are only my experiences, but they were enough for me to remove the thing and go back to a static-cling screen protector and, as of now, an InCase slider case (AWESOME case, by the way).

Hope this helps you.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If you don't use a case, one the the good things about the Bodyguardz and other films which cover the bezel is that it makes the iPhone a lot less slippery as far as grip goes.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey

1. I use iCrystal, i think it is Apples version of screen cover. I don't use a case, and I can say it is awesome. It lessens smudging with your finger to where you might onlyhave to wipe the screen 1 or 2 times a day and it is extremely durable. Mine only has 1 tiny scratch and its been on there for about 4-5 months. (dropped phone 3 times). It is virtually unnoticeable, except for a slight sense of having the home button SLIGHTLY recessed. It only covers the screen however.

2. Never had to take it off so sorry I don't know.