Filtering Contacts & a few other Q's

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
New User here and former BB user.

1) I do not see a feature where I can view my contacts in a filtered state.
In my case, my businesss contacts are rarely needed and I would prefer to see only my Personal contacts. I have them all in categories in outlook (Business Personnel) but I do not see a feature to filter the view whereby I wouldn't see businesss contacts.

2) I get tons of spam on one of my email accounts and am wondering if there is a quick way to delete a bunch of emails at once, I currently individually slide my finger over the email from right to left until the "Delete" appears. Any quicker ways? (Blackberry had a delete prior button)

3) I am not able to download or save a picture (I am viewing) like you could on my BB, i can only sync with folders on my computer. Is there a way to do this?

4) Is there a way to see pictures on the contact screen, even only pictures and no name, for the contacts with pictures? Would be fun to scroll through pictures, (Alphabetically)

Last edited by a moderator:

TomTomTuning

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Camp Hill, PA
1) Contacts are listed alphabetically and can not be organized any other way.
You can click on the letter on the right side to junk to that group of letters.

In the phone settings there are not options to change how they are organized other then first name, last name

2) No real quick way to delete emails. You can hit the edit button then keep clicking on the emails you want to delete. Instead of sliding.

3) You currently can not just click on a picture to save.
(i have seen some hacks to to that. But not by default)

4) You can only see the picture after clicking on the contact.
Or while calling them

richardya

Silver
Sep 24, 2007
In my case, my businesss contacts are rarely needed and I would prefer to see only my Personal contacts. I have them all in categories in outlook (Business Personnel) but I do not see a feature to filter the view whereby I wouldn't see businesss contacts.
Still waiting

2) I get tons of spam on one of my email accounts and am wondering if there is a quick way to delete a bunch of emails at once, I currently individually slide my finger over the email from right to left until the "Delete" appears. Any quicker ways? (Blackberry had a delete prior button)
Fixed

3) I am not able to download or save a picture (I am viewing) like you could on my BB, i can only sync with folders on my computer. Is there a way to do this?
Fixed

4) Is there a way to see pictures on the contact screen, even only pictures and no name, for the contacts with pictures? Would be fun to scroll through pictures, (Alphabetically)
Small icon would be cool

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Still waiting
On the contacts viewing, I just want to note that this is possible when you sync with your Address Book contacts on a Mac if you use contact groups. I have a number of groups set up in Address Book, including businesss contacts and one I've created for my iPhone specifically. In my contacts list, I can click on the Groups button in the top left and select to view these groups at will. I usually have it set to open to the "iPhone" group I've created for the numbers I use the most often. So, you'll just need to get a Mac. ;)