Final 3.0 software question

Mar 2, 2009
California
I have some subscriptions on YouTube regarding iPhone and such, and I received a message this morning about how to get the final, non beta, GM OS 3.0 for free. I do have links and they do work, but was wondering if it would be safe to get it, or should I wait until the 17th to get the official release from Apple?

Jun 12, 2009
its the same thing...because Apple released the FINAL version to developers...and who ever is in the developer team...like me for example...we are getting the releae that APPLE gave..so it should be pretty save...IM UPGRADING TO 3.0 FINAL VERSION RIGHT NOW :)

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
i upgraded last night and i've had no problems. It works great. i'm not a developer and i never registered with a developer. I hooked a guy up at work with the software and i'm about to hook up another girl. I always try and share the wealth. :)

jnunez

Jun 12, 2009
can anyone send tne link to upgrade please?

Mar 2, 2009
California
Btw, do I set up 3.0 as a new phone or use saved settings from last sync?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've seen nothing but reports of success and no problems from folks using the GM build - even those who are not developers and not registered with developers.

On the setup as new phone question, you do generally get best results when setting up as a new phone. If you're going to do so, make sure you have contacts / photos / contacts etc. synced to your PC, so that they can be synced back afterwards (via sync not backup) - and be aware you'll lose some things, like contents of your camera roll, call logs etc.

Jun 12, 2009
na...when you download the 3.0 software...just hit **** + CLICK TO UPDATE...dat little button on iTunes dat you see when you connect your iPhone...there is an CLICK TO UPDATE..an on the bottom there is a RESTORE button...HIT CLICK TO UPDATE so u don't loose any of your data ;)

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
I have some subscriptions on YouTube regarding iPhone and such, and I received a message this morning about how to get the final, non beta, GM OS 3.0 for free. I do have links and they do work, but was wondering if it would be safe to get it, or should I wait until the 17th to get the official release from Apple?
It should be safe, but if you have too much doubt, then wait. 5 days left. I want it NOW. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Anyways, yeah go for it iff you feel sure enough that it's safe.

kingofthechi

Bronze
Oct 15, 2007
i want to try it too can someone link me to it? thanks

Mar 2, 2009
California
so is push notifications working as well in the final build? i don't see any sort of icon for it....unless there is none.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
so is push notifications working as well in the final build? i don't see any sort of icon for it....unless there is none.
Until the worldwide release next week they won't release the push notification updates for your apps. But to be able to see the Notifications setting under the settings app you will need to have a push app installed and accept any apps request to use push.