Final plans for Friday.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
So after all of the hoopla, what has everyone decided to do for Friday? My plan is the following. I'm going to get out of work at 12 or 1 if possible and quickly stop home and then head to the AT&T store to see what if any line has started. If no line, I'm going to head back home and check back every 45min to hour (the store is only a 30 second drive from my house). If for whatever reason I strike out there, I have the number of every AT&T within an hour drive as well as the one Apple store and I'll call to see if they have any.

Last resort, come home and order online.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
How about picking me up Big Mac value meal and drop it off to me while you're out, thanks.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
I'm think I will be camping out in my truck in the parking lot at the Mall. I had thought that getting there at 9am for the mall to open 10am would be enough. Now with people in NYC already in line and some malls going to place stantions outside the night before? Yikes. looks like I will be hitting the Mall parking lot at about 9PM Thursday night.

- SR

rhproductions

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Tennessee
I've got 4 different times planned when I will drive by my AT&T store to see if there are lines yet on thursday. If i see it starting i'll jump right in. If no line has started yet on thursday, I plan on just getting up friday morning early and starting the line myself with a couple friends.

att_employee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
So after all of the hoopla, what has everyone decided to do for Friday? My plan is the following. I'm going to get out of work at 12 or 1 if possible and quickly stop home and then head to the AT&T store to see what if any line has started. If no line, I'm going to head back home and check back every 45min to hour (the store is only a 30 second drive from my house). If for whatever reason I strike out there, I have the number of every AT&T within an hour drive as well as the one Apple store and I'll call to see if they have any.

Last resort, come home and order online.
Do yourself a favor, call one of your local AT&T stores today, and listen to the automated greeting. This is what you'll hear:

“The revolutionary iPhone, exclusive to AT&T, will be launching at 6pm on Friday, June 29th. As we prepare for this event, on the 29th our stores will temporarily close at 4:30pm and re-open promptly at 6pm. We hope you visit us to share in the excitement. Due to the extraordinary demand for this device, customers may experience extended wait times when visiting or calling our stores on the 29th and throughout that weekend. If you plan on visiting our store for reasons other than iPhone we suggest coming in prior to the iPhone launch. You can also visit our website at att.com/wireless for online assistance. Thank you for your patience.”

I don't think there are going to be a lot of reps taking time out of selling to give inventory updates to you and the hundred other callers with the same plan as yours.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
6:00 pm Thursday, I'll start (or ask an Apple employee to start) a line outside the Apple store unless one has already been started - though that is doubtful. I'm really hoping that I can get a friend to overnight it with me on thursday... I'd really like to catch at least one nap overnight, and have time to go take a piss. I won't bring anything too valuable (read: laptop) with me, just my cellphone, iPod, and a book maybe for entertainment purposes. I'll bring an umbrella to block the sun during the day, (it gets pretty damn hot out here..) and enough water and some food to keep me functioning. I'll bring a lawn chair as well. Then just kinda wait it out until Friday evening when it'll probably get hectic.

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I'm heading down to my friend's house at 2pm so she can watch my son. Then I'll drive over to the store near her house and see if there's a line. If so, I'll hop in it with my lawn chair, book, cell phone and iPod and wait until it's time.

If there isn't a line I'll check back every half hour or so and wait until a line starts to form. I have no need to be first in line I just don't want to be more than #7 or 8. If something happens and they sell out, I'll just come home and buy online. I can wait a few more days.

johnchet

Jun 9, 2007
People like you ruin it....

Friday morning is more than sufficient.

6:00 pm Thursday, I'll start (or ask an Apple employee to start) a line outside the Apple store unless one has already been started - though that is doubtful. I'm really hoping that I can get a friend to overnight it with me on thursday... I'd really like to catch at least one nap overnight, and have time to go take a piss. I won't bring anything too valuable (read: laptop) with me, just my cellphone, iPod, and a book maybe for entertainment purposes. I'll bring an umbrella to block the sun during the day, (it gets pretty damn hot out here..) and enough water and some food to keep me functioning. I'll bring a lawn chair as well. Then just kinda wait it out until Friday evening when it'll probably get hectic.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
I'm think I will be camping out in my truck in the parking lot at the Mall. I had thought that getting there at 9am for the mall to open 10am would be enough. Now with people in NYC already in line and some malls going to place stantions outside the night before? Yikes. looks like I will be hitting the Mall parking lot at about 9PM Thursday night.

- SR
Watch out mall security will be on your ass. Last time i camped at the mall they made everyone that was in their car leave.

mav

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Excuse me, ruin it? Ruin what , may I ask?
Ruin it for those of us that do not want to camp overnight but might now be forced to because people like you are camping overnight.

I agree, Friday morning is more than sufficient.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
Ruin it for those of us that do not want to camp overnight but might now be forced to because people like you are camping overnight.

I agree, Friday morning is more than sufficient.
Oh boo hoo :( :p After 6 months of waiting... one overnight outside in summer weather is a piece of cake!

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
Oh boo hoo :( :p After 6 months of waiting... one overnight outside in summer weather is a piece of cake!

The point is that it is not necessary to camp out over night, possibly even friday morning.

topshotta

May 21, 2007
I'm working Friday night until anywhere between 6:00 and 7:00. My office is literally 50 yards from an AT&T store. I'm going over there as soon as I get done working. Think I'll be out of luck?

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
I'm going to call durring the corse of the day. The second a line forms I'm going to leave work and walk over a few blocks to the AT&T store... wait in line. Get my iPhone. Get a ride home, (mom borrowed car) and then hook her up to the computer and Sync VERY quickly because I need tocatch a flight that leaves at 8:40.

Hope it works!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I'm working Friday night until anywhere between 6:00 and 7:00. My office is literally 50 yards from an AT&T store. I'm going over there as soon as I get done working. Think I'll be out of luck?
It really depends on your town. If your town is pretty high tech, you may very well be out of luck at 6 or 7.

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
i get off work around 4:30...
then, i am gonna go to the driving range,
and i should be driving golf balls by 4:45
at around 5:23, i will call ATT to ask if a line has formed,
if it did,
i will heead over and be there by 5:29.
if no line has formed, i will wait 'til like 5:50
i am not worried

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Well I've been planning all week to hit the AT&T store at the mall, since there is an Apple store there. I figured it would be smooth sailing, until I decided to call and they tell me they won't have any iPhones. SUPER.

Looks like I might be getting there early to suffer with you fanboys at the Apple store. I can't stand outside in Texas this time of year.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
there are 4 att stores and an Apple store within 10 miles of my house. I work on friday but i hope to get off early. If I do get off early I'll call the att stores and Apple store to get a sense of the situation. Hopefully the att store that is less then a mile from my house doesn't have a line (a large stock of iPhones would be ideal as well) by the time i get off and I can check the status every hour or so. All this would lead to the best case scenario of standing in line for a hour or less and having the black iPhone box in my hands.

If I don't get off work early (i get off at 5) it will be a scramble checking stores on my way home and hoping to get lucky and find one with little to no line or really a store that has one left. This is the nightmare scenario.

I getting nervous about not getting one on iday.