Finally, an iOS I won't have to Jailbreak for the basics

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
I don't know about everyone else, but looking at the new iOS and all it's new features, I think this might be the first iOS I won't feel the need to jailbreak unless it's for something like wifi tethering. the new control center (for the most part) looks like it can replace SBSettings and the few toggles I use. The new look is a lot more like the themes I already use. It'll be nice to not have my phone crash 2 or more times every week just for not wanting to look at the same old boring icons for the last 4 years...

what do you guys think?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We have a lot fewer reasons to jailbreak now. This eliminates the need for Auxo, SBSettings, iBlacklist, Bulletin, Full Screen for Safari and some uses Activator.

I can live without Shrink, hiding useless apps and FolderCloser. In-app texting is a big one that would be missed, though.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Having not been jailbroken for years, I can tell you the peace of mind is great. Phone never crashes, lag is nonexistent, I can do software updates without worry...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
We have a lot fewer reasons to jailbreak now. This eliminates the need for Auxo, SBSettings, iBlacklist, Bulletin, Full Screen for Safari and some uses Activator.

I can live without Shrink, proofing useless apps and FolderCloser. In-app texting is a big one that would be missed, though.
Still need the quick reply... (Like the bite SMS)

Sent using a bottle of fairy liquid
I mentioned this in another thread, but since they added quick reply to OSX 10.9, I would not be surprised to see it pop up in a later iOS7 beta or 7.x update.

Leo

Zealot
Silver
Nov 9, 2008
Calgary, AB
I mentioned this in another thread, but since they added quick reply to OSX 10.9, I would not be surprised to see it pop up in a later iOS7 beta or 7.x update.
My thinking exactly. The second I saw that part I was like "IT HAS TO BE THERE IT JUST HAS TO".

Who knows? Maybe it's actually a feature they didn't showcase in the keynote, they never really did show anything about the notifications themselves aside from the Notification center.

I'll find out for sure once I can finally access the Developer section...

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX

I can live without Shrink, hiding useless apps and FolderCloser. In-app texting is a big one that would be missed, though.

Doesn't come near to replacing SBSettings, though it's a start.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Doesn't come near to replacing SBSettings, though it's a start.
Clarification: I'm only using SBSettings for toggles, so it does for me. Yes, it is true that there are other functions SBSettings has that this won't replace.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Too little done by Apple, I'm not impressed or surprised they went this way. One good thing though, iOS remains the simplest mobile OS to use, at the end of the day, that is why I prefer this mobile OS.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
i would only really miss IrealSMS

i would miss shrink and also having more than 16 apps in a folder....wish they would do away with that limitation. also a one button close all apps would be nice too.

i say this to say I will also upgrade when new phone comes out...I have 4 phones on my account and 2 are ready to upgrade at 399 for 64G....

can't wait for new iPhone to drop...hoping July/August 2013

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I don't know about everyone else, but looking at the new iOS and all it's new features, I think this might be the first iOS I won't feel the need to jailbreak unless it's for something like wifi tethering. the new control center (for the most part) looks like it can replace SBSettings and the few toggles I use. The new look is a lot more like the themes I already use. It'll be nice to not have my phone crash 2 or more times every week just for not wanting to look at the same old boring icons for the last 4 years...

what do you guys think?
I'm with you. I'll install this over my jailbreak sans hesitation!

Sent using iCafe app

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
i would miss shrink and also having more than 16 apps in a folder....wish they would do away with that limitation. also a one button close all apps would be nice too.
They announced multiple pages for folders in iOS 7 today, so that would help you.