Finally getting my iPhone but....

Nov 14, 2007
I was planning on getting my phone today but i was going to give a friend the cash and they were going to pick it up for me at the Apple store since they live nearby. While we were talking about someone had mentioned that you could only pay for the phone by credit card because you had to get service with att. Well i already have att and just plan on activating the phone when i get it. Is she going to have a problem paying for it with cash? Thanks!

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
From what I've read they are only accepting credit card purchases so that they can track how many phones each person buys.

spankbot

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I was planning on getting my phone today but i was going to give a friend the cash and they were going to pick it up for me at the Apple store since they live nearby. While we were talking about someone had mentioned that you could only pay for the phone by credit card because you had to get service with att. Well i already have att and just plan on activating the phone when i get it. Is she going to have a problem paying for it with cash? Thanks!
Credit cards only. Maybe you have an ATT store near you?

Nov 14, 2007
Thank you! Answers my question. I'm on my way now!

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Can you use a debit card or one of those Visa gift cards you can buy at the bank?

dobymax

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
They take cash here in Va. according to the genius that sold me mine.

Simpleman

Bronze
Oct 13, 2007
California
Paid cash for mine at the AT&T store, however, I was a current AT&T customer. Don't know if that made a difference.