Finally, I got an iPhone

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
So I myself am on day 2 and still no incoming texts. Hopefully later tonight i'll start getting texts.
Strange that a few others are having trouble gettin texts..maybe its more of an issued than I hoped. Damn :p
Are you saying that you can send but not receive? If that is the case, it may just be an issue of your number being ported. Lets hope that is the problem.

Proudfoot

Dec 3, 2007
I definitely opted for the 16 gig. So far so good, except that I haven't been able to receive texts. I saw my girlfriend send it, I just don't know where it went cause its not in the SMS area.. Any ideas what might be going on?
Try sending yourself a text. Worked on my son's phone.

JEWISH_GOAT

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
Try sending yourself a text. Worked on my son's phone.
Wow that supprisingly worked for me. So I have no problem sending texts and I knew its just the receiving part I had issues with. But I just sent myself a text and I got it almost instantly. When i was reading posts from last July when people had similar problem when porting numbers they said they could get texts from other ATT&T customers only at first. So since i'm att&t i got my own text, haha nice!:p

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Must be from the past some where, since it was a 2008 thread. Or, did I miss something here?
He had all the signs of a sleeper spammer. American name and stock photo of an American guy and bumping old threads. I banned him last night when he said he was from Deleware. His IP showed India.

Last edited by a moderator:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I am cracking up!! You can trace IP's? Does this mean you know where I am on vacation out of the state?
Yes, but I don't typically look at IPs unless I suspect someone is a spammer or asks a question that has an answer that it dependent on region, but didn't state their location. I never post a member's location unless they have already stated it themselves. Spammers don't count. 99% this happens behind the scenes with no posts by mods or members, but occasionally someone gets called out on it and we make an example of them and the lengths they will go to to appear to be regular members just prior to unleashing their spam.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Sleeper spammer cells!!!! (Fear!!!) send in the drones!!!! Lol love this detective work by our mods, make me feel safe, I can post my social security number here and feel safe 123-45-6789 :D

Adriano73

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 17, 2012
UK
He had all the signs of a sleeper spammer. American name and stock photo of an American guy and bumping old threads. I banned him last night when he said he was from Deleware. His IP showed India.
Delaware!? Why Delaware I wonder? If I was going to pretend to be from the U.S. I would definitely be from Nantucket. You'd hear some pretty impressive stuff about me too!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Yes, but I don't typically look at IPs unless I suspect someone is a spammer or asks a question that has an answer that it dependent on region, but didn't state their location. I never post a member's location unless they have already stated it themselves. Spammers don't count. 99% this happens behind the scenes with no posts by mods or members, but occasionally someone gets called out on it and we make an example of them and the lengths they will go to to appear to be regular members just prior to unleashing their spam.
You can tell everyone where I'm posting from anytime. Matter of fact, I want you to next week just to see if this claim is true.