Finally: just got iPhone last night

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
just purchased iPhone ystrdy along w/black MacBook everything wrkn good thus far now I gotta catch up w/my fellow iPhone genius'

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
congrad with the new kids in the family.... be-careful their a hand-full :p

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
just purchased iPhone ystrdy along w/black MacBook everything wrkn good thus far now I gotta catch up w/my fellow iPhone genius'
Congratz!

Welcome to the forums! :laugh2:

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
thanks yall im a try keep up now I need to chk out some good software

mernst

Silver
Jul 11, 2007
Gulfport, Ms
I know you can hack the iPhone but I alittle scared of doing it... so good luck and have fun

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I know you can hack the iPhone but I alittle scared of doing it... so good luck and have fun
lol...i aint hackin' mine...paid too much money to be hackn anything...lol...i'll just stick with the legal stuff...lol

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
if anyone can confirm: i heard "hacking" (loading 3rd party software onto iPhone) is safe. just as long as you reset your phone before going to the Apple store for problems. is this true? cause i see a lot of wild apps on youtube that people are adding. its pretty good stuff to be missing out on. i mean is it possible to permanently fu*k up your phone from these 3rd party apps? and if so, can you simply reset the phone and take it to Apple for repair because the 3rd party apps fu*ked it up (w/o telling Apple that ofcourse)? also, if 3rd party apps mess your phone up, you can just simply reset it and its new again right?
:confused:

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
also, should it be considered hacking? i mean,sometimes i load 3rd party apps on my pc. what difference is it to load it on to iPhone?i'm a noob. and i'm curious. so confirmations should straighten me right up
Thanks

ataq

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
also, should it be considered hacking? i mean,sometimes i load 3rd party apps on my pc. what difference is it to load it on to iPhone?i'm a noob. and i'm curious. so confirmations should straighten me right up
Thanks
i'd say more of modding your iPhone, and its so dang fun and addicting. i changed my layout so many time over along side with all the softwares and apps and dohickeywhatnots

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
if anyone can confirm: i heard "hacking" (loading 3rd party software onto iPhone) is safe. just as long as you reset your phone before going to the Apple store for problems. is this true? cause i see a lot of wild apps on youtube that people are adding. its pretty good stuff to be missing out on. i mean is it possible to permanently fu*k up your phone from these 3rd party apps? and if so, can you simply reset the phone and take it to Apple for repair because the 3rd party apps fu*ked it up (w/o telling Apple that ofcourse)? also, if 3rd party apps mess your phone up, you can just simply reset it and its new again right?
:confused:
For the most part, yeah. But some things can be busted that are unfixable.

Example: I had hacked my phone, but then decided to stick to the normal way and i turns out that my iPhone can no longer completely restore. It restores the firmware, but when replacing the data (Notes, Texts, Stocks, etc.) it says "Could restore 'iPhone' due to a timeout". So I have to do everything manually.

So, yes, there is always a risk to hacking.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007

Example: I had hacked my phone, but then decided to stick to the normal way and i turns out that my iPhone can no longer completely restore. It restores the firmware, but when replacing the data (Notes, Texts, Stocks, etc.) it says "Could restore 'iPhone' due to a timeout". So I have to do everything manually.

could you just take it to Apple for repair? instead of having to do it manually?

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007

Well, that sucks...

imhonest

Sep 23, 2007
iPhone lost and found

Don't forget to register it at ifoundyouriPhone.com before you lose it!

macrat

Jul 15, 2007
Great choice! I have the same combo and now looking at a black Sony DSC T100 to complete the family.

Black is beautiful, specially iPhones and Macbooks (Actually even my car is black):cool:

Welcome and enjoy!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Congrats, welcome to the family. Once u get in u can't get out!;)
word... man the iPhone is THE best phone ...my spkr phone is live...I can tlk with somebody and hear them in both sides of the headset...I can send multiple tx...what more can you ask for

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
Great choice! I have the same combo and now looking at a black Sony DSC T100 to complete the family.

Black is beautiful, specially iPhones and Macbooks (Actually even my car is black):cool:

Welcome and enjoy!
yes the macbook -black...the iPhone -black ...just professional