Finally, MMS!

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
www.CloverfieldMovieForum.com
I'm so glad we finally have an application for MMS...and it's free.

Basically, (and this is going by what happens for UK / O2 customers) when you receive a MM message, you receive a pin from O2. You then go to their web site and enter your phone number and pin (to basically 'create' your account) and you can see the picture. Well, what this app does, is once you get that pin, you click the application, enter your number and pin and from then on, any photos you receive will go straight into the app so you don't have to go online. What's even better, is that you are now able to send photos BACK! You buy 'credits' from the app maker. To buy 10 credits (10 photos to be able to send) will cost £3.79 or if you're American $5.56. Or you can buy 75 credits for £25 or $36.

It may be a little expensive but at least we can now say we have MMS on the iPhone. Hats off to the app developer, this is fantastic news, right?

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Pay as you Go MMS? Bout as corny as Pay As You Go Utilities! Im awaiting the Pay As You Go Copy & Paste!

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
Yes, O2 still hasn't jumped ship to allow inclusive MMS messages and I doubt they will. So until I really need to, I won't be buying any credits just yet, but it's a start!

JeffPom

Bronze
Oct 13, 2008
AT&T offers MMS (receive only) on the iPhone. Gives us a website to go to and a password.

It's the actual receive ON THE PHONE and SEND that we want so badly.

MacWorld come and gone - and no sign of it coming... :(

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
This is good news and it's obvious people aren't reading carefuly enough. Based on some of the relentless demands for MMS around here, you would think people would be willing to pay $10/message for such a precious gift.

I'm not personally excited, but come on folks! It's MMS!

Cloverfield

Bronze
Jan 16, 2008
UK, Kent
Well this is for all the people that said 'Eeeehhhh, the iPhone doesn't have MMS, the most basic of features'. Well now it does, so shut up lol. The iPhone is nearing the 100% perfection mark and that was a big step towards it.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm so glad we finally have an application for MMS...and it's free.
Basically, (and this is going by what happens for UK / O2 customers) when you receive a MM message, you receive a pin from O2. You then go to their web site and enter your phone number and pin (to basically 'create' your account) and you can see the picture. Well, what this app does, is once you get that pin, you click the application, enter your number and pin and from then on, any photos you receive will go straight into the app so you don't have to go online. What's even better, is that you are now able to send photos BACK! You buy 'credits' from the app maker. To buy 10 credits (10 photos to be able to send) will cost £3.79 or if you're American $5.56. Or you can buy 75 credits for £25 or $36.
What is "this app?" I think you failed to tell us what app you're talking about.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Allow me to quote:

Well, what this app does, is once you get that pin, you click the application, enter your number and pin and from then on, any photos you receive will go straight into the app so you don't have to go online. What's even better, is that you are now able to send photos BACK! You buy 'credits' from the app maker. To buy 10 credits (10 photos to be able to send) will cost £3.79 or if you're American $5.56. Or you can buy 75 credits for £25 or $36.
Again. No.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
So you're denieing people have wanted MMS for a long time?
No. I am telling you that your "solution" isn't MMS.

MMS is:

Take pic with your phone.

Send it to a friend.

Done.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Yes, you can still do this but there is 1 step inbetween those 2.

Take pic with phone.

Open MMS application.

Send it to a friend.
So:

= 1 - 2 clicks... gooootcha.

Sorry... that's not even close to what anyone has been asking for.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I believe all that pin stuff is a one-time thng. After that it's a straight-ahead MMS app.

But what is it called? Why do we have to search for it?