Finally: Native PDF Reader (PDFViewer)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
This went up on Installer/iBrickr yesterday (perhaps the day before).

Seems to work OK on most files, not so good on very large PDFs (like the iPhone User Guide).

I've been using Apache to view stored PDFs locally via Safari (which can read the iPhone User Guide just fine). But hopefully PDFViewer will get more robust as time goes by.

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
This went up on Installer/iBrickr yesterday (perhaps the day before).

Seems to work OK on most files, not so good on very large PDFs (like the iPhone User Guide).

I've been using Apache to view stored PDFs locally via Safari (which can read the iPhone User Guide just fine). But hopefully PDFViewer will get more robust as time goes by.

--
Mike
Mike,
You are right. I downloaded the App yesterday and gave it a whirl on my bank statement. Wow, worked like a charm! I'm sure glad the 3P Apps came to our rescue. I just keep hoping that one day, I will see cut & paste on installer. I doubt Apple will be releasing an update with it...M

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Mike,
You are right. I downloaded the App yesterday and gave it a whirl on my bank statement. Wow, worked like a charm! I'm sure glad the 3P Apps came to our rescue. I just keep hoping that one day, I will see cut & paste on installer. I doubt Apple will be releasing an update with it...M
The good news is that with the iPod touch jailbroken, the number 3p apps should escalate--at least I think it will. Should start picking up very soon now...

--
Mike

Nov 8, 2008
I have been using AirSharing which I picked up in the AppStore. It allows you to save PDFs to the iPhone and read them at any time. The rendering is excellent, but it does have problems with large files too.

Features I'm looking for in the ideal reader would include the ability to navigate to a specific page in the document instead of always starting at page one. Also having the app remember the page where you were last time the PDF was read. Lastly, the ability to read a PDF that has been password protected would be great.

Anyone seen a reader with these features?

Cizah

Jul 20, 2009
Ukraine
I have been using AirSharing which I picked up in the AppStore. It allows you to save PDFs to the iPhone and read them at any time. The rendering is excellent, but it does have problems with large files too.

Features I'm looking for in the ideal reader would include the ability to navigate to a specific page in the document instead of always starting at page one. Also having the app remember the page where you were last time the PDF was read. Lastly, the ability to read a PDF that has been password protected would be great.

Anyone seen a reader with these features?
You can try out the brand new app called PDF Expert, it has all the features you mentioned. Also it includes:
-saving e-mail attachements
-reading/saving password protected pdfs
-copy/paste function
-and much more.