Finally ready to

LegendAmI

Sep 14, 2008
Rhode Island
I am going to be getting an iPhone for Christmas, and I found something that made me slightly nervous. I looked at the MacRumours site, and it said to not buy the iPhone as there are updates soon. Would the update be something that is worth waiting for? (Size doesn't matter, I have a classic for large amounts of music).

jdk2

Bronze
Dec 2, 2008
Stratford, NJ
Enjoy your new iPhone as a Christmas present. There will always be updates with newer and better something right around the corner. If you waited to buy any product based on trying to wait out that theory, you'd never buy anything. The 3G is a pleasure to use, battery life has vastly improved with the 2.2 update, the screen is real glass and not plastic and the list goes on and on.

There's nothing that compares to an iPhone. They really have the market cornered.

LegendAmI

Sep 14, 2008
Rhode Island
Enjoy your new iPhone as a Christmas present. There will always be updates with newer and better something right around the corner. If you waited to buy any product based on trying to wait out that theory, you'd never buy anything. The 3G is a pleasure to use, battery life has vastly improved with the 2.2 update, the screen is real glass and not plastic and the list goes on and on.

There's nothing that compares to an iPhone. They really have the market cornered.
Thanks for the quick reply! Your reply made me feel a lot better. Oh, and I definitely will enjoy it. :)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I am going to be getting an iPhone for Christmas, and I found something that made me slightly nervous. I looked at the MacRumours site, and it said to not buy the iPhone as there are updates soon. Would the update be something that is worth waiting for? (Size doesn't matter, I have a classic for large amounts of music).
If you mean updates as far as a new phone, than take jdk2's advice. As far as firmware updates to the phone, they are free to all iPhone owners.
Enjoy the phone and be checking out the app store so you can download apps and be ready to go. Christmas Day will probably be heavy in the store and hard to get in to.

LegendAmI

Sep 14, 2008
Rhode Island
If you mean updates as far as a new phone, than take jdk2's advice. As far as firmware updates to the phone, they are free to all iPhone owners.
Enjoy the phone and be checking out the app store so you can download apps and be ready to go. Christmas Day will probably be heavy in the store and hard to get in to.
I have been doing that recently, and have gotten a nice amount of free apps downloaded. I'll be getting the paid ones once the phone is here.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Good luck buying it and Merry Christmas. Oh and for your information, if you buy it on Christmas, and then a newer version comes out within a month or so, I think you can exchange it (upgrade) and pay the difference (+fee).