Financing?

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Is there any bank, or any type of organization, or ANYTHING accessible from Houston, that would finance me(a minor) for around $4,000, and let me pay it back over two years? I'm needin' it, guys(no, not crack. :p). If anyone has any suggestions, please, let me know.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Good luck with that, but I highly doubt any bank would do that. At least not without a parent signing with you, and proof that you have a job with good enough pay. Its hard enough for people to get loans nowadays because lots of people have bad credit, and since you are a minor, you might not have enough credit for them to check.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
in all honesty, it depends on your credit history. your best bet is to go to a local credit union and go about it that way. the bigger the banks get the more sophisticated their checkups go. if you really need cash fast and have nobody else to go to, , i would recommend a relative or someone you know very well and pay them interest on each dollar (i know it sucks but thats what loaning is all about). if you really have no options hit me up via pm, i do small loans as long as i have full name, copies of DL, social security number, some collateral posted, as well as a written and signed contract in case legal action needs to be taken.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
Yep, I would try my luck with a credit union. It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and open an account with one, anyway, and start building a relationship with the manager. Once you build a relationship with your banker he/she is more likely to work with you in ways that they don't work with everyone, etc. Credit unions also can offer higher interest rates and lower fees. However, you have the recession working against you; you will still most likely need a cosigner if you have no collateral.