Find my Friends feature on the iPhone 5/iPhone 4S

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
is this exactly like google latitude? because this is something i would love to have especially since google latitude isn't as accurate as how i want it to be? any thoughts on it? would you use it?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I don't mind the tracking. I'm just going to be at work anyway. I am never anywhere I shouldn't be, so it's fine by me.

Also, from the experience hubby and I had when his phone was stolen, this might come in handy if this ever happened to him again or me. We would find the thief quicker and be able to retrieve our phone, one way or the other.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Latitude from my phone tends to be up-to-date every 15 mins whereas I often catch my wife's iPhone as high as the 2 hour marker. In both cases, neither the worse for wear battery-wise.

Finally got her consistently using it versus calling/texting for an update on my location.

Works well for us in terms of coordinating as well as the opportune call/text of pickup some milk or other since you're there.

I think the Cydia app is called longitude. Mine is native latitude.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
I agree, I would use it in situations where I'm in a public place and somebody can't find me. Other than that I wouldn't use it though.

Btw, Vcoronel, that iPhone in your avatar is sick.
thanks! i got this picture from a businesss that can gold plate an iPhone 4. You can actually just google it if your interested in making your iPhone gold. just a thought =)

Vcoronel127

Bronze
Aug 30, 2011
so i guess my predictions was right? iPhone 4S did come out with this service. i just hope its accurate enough -__-

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I don't think they were your predictions lol. Those predictions came from a variety of reliable sources all pointing to the same thing. :)