Find My iPhone app without map?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by FFAP1234, Oct 3, 2012.

1. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

I was checking my divides in find my iPhone, my roommate and I share the same account. Luckily it was only a test, I can see my iPad and iPhone in the same place in the map because I'm home, but when I look my roommate's iPhone it shows no map. What do I do if in reality my divide is lost and I want to see it in the map but it doesn't show? Is there another way to do it? Thank u.

Attached Files:

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Have you tried logging into www.icloud.com - you should be able to see the device(s) on there.

3. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Yes, that is what I did, I can see my divides at home but not his at work. This is my iPhone.

Attached Files:

4. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Here is mine and his

Attached Files:

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

They changes some of the settings
    I had the same problem instead of using the Apple ID it is using the cloud ID

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Switch your view to satellite or hybrid and see if it shows him in a location where there are no streets.

7. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

No much help : (

Attached Files:

8. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Location services are turned on, right? Maybe he's in an area that doesn't get good GPS signal so it's relying on the nearest wifi hotspot.

9. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

Yes it is turned on. He is 45 minutes away from me, at work they don't share wifi. He has the same service as I do AT&T and I know there is good service in that area.

10. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Hmm. But you see the building in satellite view. Maybe they just don't have the roads mapped out there. Try zooming out in map mode, see if it highlights some roads anywhere near the area.

The only other place to see it is iCloud.com, which gives you a Google Maps view of it (how much longer it will be Google Maps, I have no idea).

11. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member
    Bronze

U think iCloud and find my iPhone use different maps? I tried in my iPhone and it is the same as find my iPhone. I'm not home at the moment but when I get home I will try it in my laptop. Than u : )