Find my iPhone Software

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
Hey all!

I just tried the "Find my iPhone" software in mobile me. This thing is is pretty sweet. It took about 10 seconds to send the "sonar" sound alert w/ message. The map took about a minute to load and was pretty close. It's like the cell tower triangulation on the V1. My phone was in the circle though. I'm going to put it outside and see if it will give a more accurate result with the GPS. I'll report back later.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Yeah I tried it a few days ago and it is definitely a nice feature to have. I think my phone was in the dead center of the circle, but that could vary depending on conditions. When I send the sound alert w/ message it is almost instantly received. I think I might start locking my phone again so if I ever lose it no one will be able to shut the sound off and I will keep sending it until they call me. And locking would prevent someone who knows how to use the iPhone from shutting the feature off in mobileme settings.

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
Well I tried with the phone outside. I launched the map app and made sure I was getting a solid GPS signal. The find my iPhone page in mobile me still brought up a circle. I was hoping that it would put up a GPS dot instead. Oh well. I guess its better than nothing. Maybe in the future they will take more advantage of the GPS on 3G's in this feature.

Feel free to post up your results with "Find My iPhone"

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I was a little disappointed, if finds the right street but gives a wider area than I expected. I do like the wipe option and the message was almost immediate.
Tg