Find my iPhone works great!

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
Had to share this...my daughter just replaced her glitchy gold 5s and took off on a road trip to six flags magic mountain and Disneyland. She wasn't there an hour when her brand new phone went flying 50 ft off a roller coaster at 50 mph! It had a case on it but not the best. The security guys said they couldn't look for it until the ride shut down, about 8 hrs away. Naturally she was very upset and asked me to track it. Long story short, after playing the sound and over an hour looking, the security guy found it! The phone held up really well considering. It's working but definitely seen better days!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And this is how it looked last night...screen being eaten away ......

Attachments

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
That's great y'all were able to find it using Find My iPhone. As long as it still functions, you can use it, but of course now the value has dropped.

I never go anywhere high like that anymore and if I do then my iPhone will be in my pocket. However, even with a nice case on it, I am worried a high drop will mess the iPhone up. Of course I won't test that as people have on YouTube. :)

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
UPDATE... She took it to the Apple Store today for replacement through her AppleCare and they replaced it for free. They were impressed by the durability of the phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
UPDATE... She took it to the Apple Store today for replacement through her AppleCare and they replaced it for free. They were impressed by the durability of the phone.
Did you mean AppleCare+? The deductible is usually $79, so it's cool that they waived it.