Finger scanner does not work when charging since 7.1 upgrade

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Apparently, the iPhone 5s Touch ID not working while connected to a power source isn't a new issue specific to iOS 7.1. This Apple discussion thread offers some curious advice.

The problem is with the ossalation of the power socket that the phone is plugged into. Try using it on a none shared plug socket or extension cable. I have the same problem when the voltage is not consistant to the phone.
I'd be curious to know if it works when following this suggestion.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Ok. This is weird. I just plugged it into an Apple charger with an Apple cable and it worked. I was using a griffin charger with Apple cable. I guess Apple and griffin sometimes don't like to share a sand box.

Sent using iCafe app

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Mine works when connected to a car charger. It's a micro-USB charger with the little Lightening Port adapter. The only time it doesn't work is after a restart. Then you have to manually (ugh!) type in the unlock code. So 2012! :)

Jan 13, 2014
Mine works when connected to a car charger. It's a micro-USB charger with the little Lightening Port adapter. The only time it doesn't work is after a restart. Then you have to manually (ugh!) type in the unlock code. So 2012! :)
That is not meaning it doesn't work or malfunction. U have to key in the code is actually one of its security feature each time the phone restart. It was design as that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
Funny, I haven't noticed any difference in performance on or off charge. I often check my phone, on charge, while laying sleeplessly in bed in the middle of the night.
YMMV