Fingerscan unlock

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
depends on your definition of "work".
There's only one definition of work and it works. If you seriously need help placing your finger across the slide to unlock swipe thing than PM me or ask your mom.

EDIT: FOr user above me, you see how it says "slide to unlock"? You place your finger sideways on the part that says slide to unlock covering the whole thing to make it work.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
its doesn't work for me? I'm confused, are you saying to just cover the whole slider wit your finger?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
There's only one definition of work and it works. If you seriously need help placing your finger across the slide to unlock swipe thing than PM me or ask your mom.

EDIT: FOr user above me, you see how it says "slide to unlock"? You place your finger sideways on the part that says slide to unlock covering the whole thing to make it work.
what do know it does work! inconvenient imo but it works

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I'll be looking for the video.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Two users can say that this works, and ANYONE on the mt2 forums can agree. If you can't get it working it doesn't mean its not true.

You're being *******

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Discuss the topic and do not insult others in this forum. Personal attacks are not permitted here at EIC.

Thanks.
Chris

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
This reminds me of an application for PocketPC where you would turn on your pda to see an image on the screen. You can't do anything but view the image unless you press on a specific area which you have previously defined. Pressing your assigned area on the picture will "unlock" your phone for use.

I think you're allowed 3 taps before the PDA locks itself for 5 minutes if I recall correctly.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
five minuts would be an eternity if I was trying to work on the iPhone. LOL
I still can't get it to work by just laying my finger on it. If I role my finger long ways down the slide, the slide moves too, and it will unlock. But it won't just unlock for me by laying it on there for any amount of time.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Damn I was just kicking around that idea when I attempted to download the SDK. Unfortunately, I don't have a MAC so someone else will have to work on it.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well there is a special slider that you can download for customize that lets you literally just tap it once. it also has an awesome bottom bar (the bar at the bottom of the unlock screen) and awesome summer board theme too. the tap to unlock comes in red or green

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
depthnerds way does work. the way you do it, you put the tip of you finger on the slider and then just roll your finger from tip to bottom on the slide bar.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
depthnerds way does work. the way you do it, you put the tip of you finger on the slider and then just roll your finger from tip to bottom on the slide bar.[/QUOTE

This Is the only way I could get it to work as well.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well, I am still playing around with the idea about making a utility for "Custom Swipes" to unlock the phone. And I mean unlock as in waking it up...
Here's what I have so far for options:
1)individual custom swipes to unlock, 1-5 ( anything more than 5 is going to piss off even the most patient person)
2) # of fingers (recognized pressure spots on the digitizer) used PER swipe -1-5
3)security levels 1-4. 1 being the most forgiving and 4 being pretty precise
4)optional 10 digit unlock code for security levels 3 and 4 ( if you get stuck, you can enter your phone # to unlock)
5)illuminated finger path - meaning on a black background, there will be a yellow glow where your finger or fingers touch
6)Customizable "error" and "accepted" unlock tones.

What do you guys think?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
This sounds pretty kewl...I would use it.