Fingerscan unlock

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yeah. Like when you setup your "swipe" you have to first set the security level, and then make the swipe and confirm it. You could do initials, a shape, or or draw a number... the possibilities are endless. It really depends on how difficult you make it for yourself. I mean, if the phone is locked and you get a call, you don't want to set the security level to 4 and then have 4 three fingered swipe patterns to unlock it. You would miss the call because it's almost a guarantee that you would screw it up- especially if it was an important call and you were too hasty.

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
an app like this could definatly put you on the sdk developers map.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
But the bad news is that I don't have a mac. I am going to see about getting another system to load Leopard on and then see what I can do. I posted this out here just in case someone else wants to take a crack at it. I'm not greedy, and with all that the devs have done for the iPhone, I feel it's only right to give a little back- even if it's only an idea.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
well there is a special slider that you can download for customize that lets you literally just tap it once. it also has an awesome bottom bar (the bar at the bottom of the unlock screen) and awesome summer board theme too. the tap to unlock comes in red or green
Which slider is that?

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Which slider is that?
Xadacka's Random Red (or for the green one its Green Sensations instead of Random Red). It's from "BigBoss's Apps and Things"

Edit: Once you put one of these sliders on it pushes the "Slide to unlock" text to the right of the screen, making it look bad, but in Customize just change the text so it has empty spaces

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Xadacka's Random Red (or for the green one its Green Sensations instead of Random Red). It's from "BigBoss's Apps and Things"

Edit: Once you put one of these sliders on it pushes the "Slide to unlock" text to the right of the screen, making it look bad, but in Customize just change the text so it has empty spaces
I don't see any new sliders in Customize.

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
You said once you install that pack, that I downloaded in Installer, you get new sliders or that special one you were talking about.

I did not get that.
Oh ok, and your Customize works for everything else? Im not sure but you might have ot move the file cause it might have been installed under mobile when it should be under root (or is it the other way around? w/e it is just try switching it)

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Well that's odd. My root folder has a symlink so anything put in root, should still be read by mobile but Customize bypasses thats somehow.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Yeah but it was so ugly I went back to default. I was thinking of making a transparent image to go OVER the writing but the image wouldn't go over it - obviously.

monkeysrock0622

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
well like i said before, you can use customize to make the text disappear. and love anything red so its fine for me =]

edit: i rememebr when i had 1.1.3 i saw a completely blank one but i don't rememebr the source cause i never added all my sources back after upgrading to 1.1.4

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Doing some old thread clean-up. Found this gem and figured it was worth a bump. Hippo called Touch ID in 2007.