Firefly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kev1000000

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
yes, I tried it. Works great. But will leaving the server on even without it transferring anything kill battery life?

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
yes, I tried it. Works great. But will leaving the server on even without it transferring anything kill battery life?

I'm sure it does in some way.....i wish they made an interface for it, rather than logging in to the phone to turn it off.

I tried to connect on a pc on one network and my phone on another network...did show up in iTunes...I'm guessing both phones have to be on the same network and for windows....xp or higher..Im on 2000..( stupid work pc's)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm sure it does in some way.....i wish they made an interface for it, rather than logging in to the phone to turn it off.

I tried to connect on a pc on one network and my phone on another network...did show up in iTunes...I'm guessing both phones have to be on the same network and for windows....xp or higher..Im on 2000..( stupid work pc's)
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this...If you have the music on your iPhone, then it's already in iTunes, so you can just play it through iTunes. Why go through the trouble?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Let's say you are at a friends house and want to play some music through his computer. Rather than having to copy the music off (which is a pain if it's not bought and if it is bought you have to authorize his computer), you just plop your iPhone down, have him connect and start playing away. The possibilities are endless.

As for starting and stopping the service, download and use UIctl. It will allow you to start and stop the service easier than logging in to the website.

I also recommend getting the utility that will disable power management in summerboard if you plan to use it for a long time. Otherwise the Wifi will get turned off and you'll lose the share.