Firefox 3

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
just downloaded Firefox3 for my new MBP.. sorry haven't beeen here much.. real busy at a kids camp but yes.. i LOVE my new MBP and firefox 3 is SICK NASTY

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
sure is. i wish i could use safari so i could sync bookmarks to my iPhone easier, have quicker access to the webclips function, and use the multitouch gestures, but i'm willing to give all that up because Firefox3 is just too good.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
sure is. i wish i could use safari so i could sync bookmarks to my iPhone easier, have quicker access to the webclips function, and use the multitouch gestures, but i'm willing to give all that up because Firefox3 is just too good.
Yup. I like Safari, it's a very good browser - but I just can't get myself to use anything other than Firefox since V3 betas hit - I love its speed, and much as this may go against the grain for some Apple purists, I prefer a lot of its UI elements as well ...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
what i really dislike about safari is that (as far as i can tell) there is no link preview (or any statusbar for that matter)... unless you right-click. Unlike Internet Explorer or Firefox, you just hover your mouse over a link, and its address is in the statusbar.

I still use safari from time to time to create webclips (which is ingenius, imo)... i have three webclips on my dashboard that i use all the time.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't know. I've tried Firefox multiple times; each time it's updated I use it for a few days to see if I like it, but I always end up back with Safari. The interface has most certainly gotten better, but I still just don't get along with it. Safari is clean and simple, and that's all I really need.

- John

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
what i really dislike about safari is that (as far as i can tell) there is no link preview (or any statusbar for that matter)... unless you right-click. Unlike Internet Explorer or Firefox, you just hover your mouse over a link, and its address is in the statusbar.

I still use safari from time to time to create webclips (which is ingenius, imo)... i have three webclips on my dashboard that i use all the time.
ohh... do tell how u make webclips!?
can i put them on my doc. if so that would be sweet

Jun 22, 2008
I've always had the same problem, I've always used Firefox or Camino, but miss not having bookmarks from Safari sync between my MacBookPro and my MacPro with my .mac account. I make it a habit now to export my bookmarks from Firefox once a week and import them to Safari so that they'll be including in the sync.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ohh... do tell how u make webclips!?
can i put them on my doc. if so that would be sweet
open safari to a webpage that you reference a lot, and click on the scissors button.

adjust the size of the box to include the portion of the website you want to see. then click "add".

then it'll show up on your dashboard.

Sep 14, 2007
I wish firefox would incorporate webclips. I love the features of both browsers but firefox 3 is very nice. I use both every now and then but have been hooked on firefox since my PC days.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i love firefox and i would try safari but the windows version of it sucks (from what i hear)
and i have been using firefox since v.8 so like 4 years

btw, who helped set the world record?