Firefox or IE?

A

andrewmoquin

Internet Explorer - Microsoft leaves no doubt what their products are. If they made toilet paper it would be called Butt Wiper. Internet Explorer isn't a bad name, but it's not spectacular.

Firefox - On the other end of the spectrum, the name Firefox gives no clue to what it is. Could be a car? 80s video game? Lame comic book superhero? Flaming dish at a wild game restaurant? A browser would probably be your last guess. No matter, it is a much cooler name than the utilitarian Internet Explorer

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Firefox is all you will ever need. IE is what you'll need if you want trojans/ viruses/spyware.

You could always use Safari. Idk how it is when on windows, but on my mac i pretty much use it all the time.

LuvKeane

Bronze
May 10, 2009
Broadway
I'm sorry, but what's Internet Explorer? Is that like Netscape or something? :cool:

edit: I will admit I use IE just when I want to listen to some radio stations online because for some odd reason, the sound wont play on Firefox.. but that's it!

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I think the only time a computer savvy person will use IE is if they are on a public computer and firefox isn't available or they cannot install anything. (work, school etc)

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Why? That has to be preference.

Safari is better than firefox on mac. Then again, they are VERY similar in some aspects.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I find Firefox to be too much - I don't need everything it has in a browser. Any plugins it offers are also available for Safari. I also find Safari to be a heck of a lot prettier, and more importantly, faster. This is on a Mac, of course, on a PC, Firefox wins without a doubt.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
The new browser, Flock, which pretty much is a mixture of Safari, FireFox, and Internet Explorer. It's pretty good, I tried it when it was first released, but its appearance isn't appealing.

smileyman

Bronze
Aug 3, 2008
On PC, I find opera to be the fastest, but it's too glitchy. Firefox is great, but after all this time, still can't display certain pages properly. IE is a fat pig, but everything works in it. IE's problem is that it opens every tab as if it were a new browser instance.

Firefox on PC hands down though..

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
some features i like better on firefox... some on safari.

in the end, i use safari for bookmark push-syncing with my iPhone.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I like the new safari but just can't use it. There's a lot of little things (you guys will laugh when I tell you) I don't like.
I hate how when you click the address bar, the entire thing doesn't highlight, there is no status bar at the bottom so I don't know where a link will take me, the scrolling is smooth but for some reason I prefer the "notches" when scrolling, and most of all I hate how a _blank link opens a new page instead of a new tab (although I found a hack to get it to work sorta). I'm sticking with firefox even though it loads a page in 6 seconds instead of 5 lol. I also have keywords set up for bookmarks which is really nice (I type "g" then enter and it goes to google, "e" is everythingicafe.com/forum, etc). Not to mention all the addons for firefox.

Heres a review on performance:
http://lifehacker.com/5286869/lifehacker-speed-tests-safari-4-chrome-2-and-more
Note that firefox and opera were tested in beta.