Firmware 2.2 coming

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
I don't know about you guys, but i have jailbroken and re-jailbroken about 10 times. Now Apple just released the firmware 2.2 beta to developers only. Hopefully this will fix all the problems and there will be no need for a new firmware for some time. I am getting tired of having to reinstall everything and set permissions in winscp to play NES and PSX games every few weeks.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
While I feel your pain, you must realize that Apple couldn't give a crap about your jailbreak status and/or difficulty in maintaining it. Upgrading for a "legal" user is painless. Annoying updates are part and parcel to the jailbreaking process. You just have to deal with it to live on the edge.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't know about you guys, but i have jailbroken and re-jailbroken about 10 times. Now Apple just released the firmware 2.2 beta to developers only. Hopefully this will fix all the problems and there will be no need for a new firmware for some time. I am getting tired of having to reinstall everything and set permissions in winscp to play NES and PSX games every few weeks.
Can you PM to let me know where to get the "Roms" and "ISO's" for the games cause I have gphone, NES, and psx4iPhone all on my phone but no games for them haha:p:(:p
-I just cant find them and I don't trust LimeWire to download these things lol!

sna66

Sep 23, 2008
jailbreaking is crap, nothing useful imo- just a bunch of ads, mms and video recording doesn't work well and is not necessary - for me atleast. nes games are so wack- i did the jail break and then restored to normal, coming from a treo with palm, i'm very happy- it has everything i need and the games and apps are cheap, i bought

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I thought about jail breaking my phone but after reading about some of the problems it creates it doesn't seem worth the hassle.

I thought firmware upgrade (2.1), was supposed to take care of the problems that the iPhone 3G was having? Any idea what 2.2 fixes?

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Probably just going to be bug fixes, such as less lag in SMS, somesort of battery improvement, etc etc.

I don't see any ground breaking features being added to this one
ummm...all of this was fixed in 2.1. Battery improvement and SMS lag. If it was just an addition of bug fixes, it would be called 2.1.x

Being that it's called 2.2, then some sort of new stuff is going to be added.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
jailbreaking is crap, nothing useful imo- just a bunch of ads, mms and video recording doesn't work well and is not necessary - for me atleast. nes games are so wack- i did the jail break and then restored to normal, coming from a treo with palm, i'm very happy- it has everything i need and the games and apps are cheap, i bought
Jailbreaking is necessary for different reasons for different people. I do it to have themes on my phone. Plus, Cycorder is by far the best video recorder I have seen on a phone. Not sure what you're using.

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Will the new 2.2 fix the Bluetooth issue !

Hi all, well do you think the new os 2.2 for the iPhone 3g will have a fix for the bluetooth issue that we have all been waiting for ie, listening to music through headphones without having the bluetooth adaptor, ? ie ad2p , Lets hope so as ive done a search and cant find any info on what the new os is going to have except for a new safari interface etc,

If anybodys thinks this may fix the above we will all be very very happy:laugh2:

Chers from Brian

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Probably just going to be bug fixes, such as less lag in SMS, somesort of battery improvement, etc etc.

I don't see any ground breaking features being added to this one
Let's hope so, we keep getting firmware updates with different features added, but IMO all I want is a flawless damn firmware without battery issues, lagging issues , and a ton of others!

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
ummm...all of this was fixed in 2.1. Battery improvement and SMS lag. If it was just an addition of bug fixes, it would be called 2.1.x

Being that it's called 2.2, then some sort of new stuff is going to be added.
This was not completely fixed. I had more problems after 2.1 than before. My email and battery life are screwed up. My friend switched to iPhone and 50% of his calls are being dropped. There are many improvements to be made yet.