First Bluetooth: thinking of buying a different one, any suggestions?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I just bought my first bluetooth earpiece the other day, and I'm not sure if I'm happy with it or not.

Its a plantronics 655. I have around twelve days left to return it if I don't like it. I paid 108 bucks for it.

It cuts off by itself from time to time in the middle of a call and people say they can hardly hear me on it half the time and the volume for my ear doesn't seem loud enough.

Any suggestions as to what I should get with my $108 when I return it?

I'm still using a sidekick3 for the time being but am looking forward to using whatever bluetooth piece I get with my iPhone when that day comes.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

And hoping for quick response because I'm heading to the mall in a few hours and would like to exchange it then if possible!

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Well, looks like the majority of people on here use the jawbone, might go with that one.

Seeing as I work outside and it's always noisey I think that is a good choice.

Now I wonder if it will work with my sidekick3 until I get iPhone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Ok, picked up the jawbone, on charge now, excited!

Thanks for all your help! :p

Apple store pissed me off though. Called ahead to check if they had any, the guy told me "yes" red and black. "Ok, I'll be there shortly to pick one up".

Load my son into the car, ride to the mall and exchange some clothes, load my son up again, ride to the Apple store. "Sold Out" the lady tells me! WHAT! I JUST CALLED!? WTF?!

Went to best buy and payed 30 bucks more and got the 2 year best buy plan/warranty thingy.

Anyways, I've got all the books, the bluetooth all I need now is iPhone!:p

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Haha sorry I didn't see the thread earlier but you should be extremely satisfied with the Jawbone. I've read nothing but GREAT reviews for it so it definitely seems the best way to go. I'm not a bluetooth person myself but that would be the only one I would consider purchasing.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Used the jawbone at work today. Talked to my wife this morning while standing about 30 feet from the interstate and it was loud as hell! I felt like I had to yell for her to hear me. She said all she heard was my voice, so i told her hang on a second (turned sheild noise off) then she could hear everything in the background and could hardly hear me (turned sheild noise on) AMAZING! she says!

I'm happy!

:p

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Ahhh that's really incredible. Finally something that operates as it's advertised. I got some Bose Quiet Comfort headphones a while back and I would have to say the noise-canceling technology is amazing and I assume something similar is built into the Jawbone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Ahhh that's really incredible. Finally something that operates as it's advertised. I got some Bose Quiet Comfort headphones a while back and I would have to say the noise-canceling technology is amazing and I assume something similar is built into the Jawbone.
yes, it works really well, I suggest everyone just give it a try...