First Day Comeout

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

JackBauer

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
New York
I read something that 19 million Americans are interested in buying the iPhone, how many people do you think will show up at Apple and AT&T stores across the country on June 29?

Jun 19, 2007
19 million are interested. Probably 10 mill can afford it, and 4 mil will wait, or know when its actually going to come out and get it.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I read something that 19 million Americans are interested in buying the iPhone, how many people do you think will show up at Apple and AT&T stores across the country on June 29?
Nobody really knows. Clicking a radio button on a survey and ponying up $600 are two different things entirely.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I remember reading that article a few weeks ago and I couldn't for the life of me see how they came up with that number. Even the numbers they used to cite that figure didn't seem to add up.

I'd stick with the more conservative numbers that have been put out by Apple and various market watchers covering Apple. Those are 3 to 4 million in 2007 and 10 million (or 1% of the mobile phone market) in 2008.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I think they will sell 250k - 300k the first weekend if they have them available.
From everything we've been able to gather they should be able to meet that kind of demand. Estimates have put the opening inventory in the system at 3 million phones. 300,000 phones divided across the combined 2100 ATT and Apple stores in the US comes out to 142 per location. That's 47 per day (fri, sat, sun).

Doesn't sound unreasonable.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
From everything we've been able to gather they should be able to meet that kind of demand. Estimates have put the opening inventory in the system at 3 million phones. 300,000 phones divided across the combined 2100 ATT and Apple stores in the US comes out to 142 per location. That's 47 per day (fri, sat, sun).

Doesn't sound unreasonable.
I would like to believe they will have that many available, but I am just going to remain skeptical for now. If they actually have 3 million available, then there should be no problem for anyone who wants one to get one. I certainly hope it is the case.