First day of college

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm going to be studying for a Bachelor of Information Technology specializing in Software Development. It's been about four years since I was last at college and so it's kind of going to be a new experience in the sense that I will be having homework and projects. The first quarter I'll be taking Precalculus, Beginning Database Design, and Android Development... hopefully I will get to take iOS Development later on. If I'm not around as much, this is the reason.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I didn't mind it too much, later found out from another class that it was a problem with the instructor. They have found another instructor to teach the class and so I should be ready for class tomorrow.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I didn't mind it too much, later found out from another class that it was a problem with the instructor. They have found another instructor to teach the class and so I should be ready for class tomorrow.
There is nothing wrong with class being canceled. :)

Want to be college buddies? Sadly I'm still in college at 23 chugging along.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I want to be that young and in college. I'm 32 turning 33 in a couple months.
The thing is, I should have graduated last year. It hurts. I'll be back this summer and next school year. I'm trying my best. It's not easy. And to top it off, I'm at a college that requires philosophy and other courses that one may never use.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
The thing is, I should have graduated last year. It hurts. I'll be back this summer and next school year. I'm trying my best. It's not easy. And to top it off, I'm at a college that requires philosophy and other courses that one may never use.
Yeah, I have to take classes in the summer too. Not looking forward to that when my friends are out having fun. It's a price I have to pay for going to college so late...

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yeah, I have to take classes in the summer too. Not looking forward to that when my friends are out having fun. It's a price I have to pay for going to college so late...
What is "fun" for you at 32-33? Drinking I'm assuming?

Anyways, I do better taking classes in the summer, but obviously not many classes are offered during the summer.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
What is "fun" for you at 32-33? Drinking I'm assuming?

Anyways, I do better taking classes in the summer, but obviously not many classes are offered during the summer.
I drink socially but other than that, fun to me is getting to do summer activities such as hiking, camping, rafting, etc. Summer quarter is short and it is not terrible if you have AC buildings.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I drink socially but other than that, fun to me is getting to do summer activities such as hiking, camping, rafting, etc. Summer quarter is short and it is not terrible if you have AC buildings.
I'm not going to enjoy summer on campus as food is very limited here during the summer. And of course the campus will be practically a ghost town.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm not going to enjoy summer on campus as food is very limited here during the summer. And of course the campus will be practically a ghost town.
Food is quite expensive at my college. It cost my buddy and I $20 for fries and a ham & cheese melt with two drinks. Ghost town could be good as I prefer it not crowded.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Food is quite expensive at my college. It cost my buddy and me $20 for fries and a ham & cheese melt with two drinks. Ghost town could be good as I prefer it not crowded.
Yes, I do not like crowds one bit. As for food, during the school year we get a meal plan, but from what the manager said today, the only place that may be open this summer is golf course meaning I'll pay my own way. Hmm! :(

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Yes, I do not like crowds one bit. As for food, during the school year we get a meal plan, but from what the manager said today, the only place that may be open this summer is golf course meaning I'll pay my own way. Hmm! :(
I would like having a meal plan. Not so sure about the golf course... maybe pick up a summer job if you can pull it off with your classes.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I would like having a meal plan. Not so sure about the golf course... maybe pick up a summer job if you can pull it off with your classes.
I have been trying to find a part time job that's actually within my degree but everything is full time. Maybe I'll apply to one as a friend suggested and see if they can work around my schedule.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I have been trying to find a part time job that's actually within my degree but everything is full time. Maybe I'll apply to one as a friend suggested and see if they can work around my schedule.
I'm going to sleep now. I have to be up at 6:30 am. Tomorrow my classes go from 10:00 - 5:00

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
enjoy you'll feel right back at home after a few days I miss school & considered going back now that all my girls are in School❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Just an update for everyone, I'm enjoying school even though at times it feels like really long days. I'm in school from 9-2 on M, W, F and 9-4:30 on T, Th. I built my first Android application which was a version of Mad Libs. The next two applications are a Rectangle Calculator and a TicTac Toe game.

I'm getting the hang of Precalculus. Some of the concepts take me awhile to fully understand. We are currently working with logarithmic functions. As for the Beginning Database class, having previous database experience in MySQL and Access has helped me breeze through the class.