First Day owner questions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
alright first things first. its an amazing device like i said in an earlier post but i have a couple of questions for you guys and gals.

1. why is my iPhones coverflow off when it is fine it iTunes. like everything is all mixed around but on iTunes its perfected to the point.
  2. i set up my email for gmail account and whenever i send an email i receive it also. i would rather not keep it if i could find out how.
  3. any other tips would be helpful too.

thanks

*edit* real quick when...... when i turn on the iPhone is the Apple supposed to have like a little slash through it

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
explain your iTunes problem a little better....

Your gmail problem can be fixed in settings under mail. Uncheck the BBC yourself option.

As far as tips, try the search option!

ok for the iTunes problem. i have about 650 songs in iTunes and i have all the correct album covers and everything. but after i synced my iPhone everything is all mixed up not in iTunes but on the phone. like wrond albums to wrong songs and what not.

also bbc is unchecked on my phone but i still receive my own emails

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Your email problem:
Go into Settings>Mail>Your Account>Advanced. Scoll down to the bottom and toggle "Use Recent Mode". I'm not sure if it's on or off, so just switch whatever your setting is.

The Apple logo is supposed to have a slash through it. It's fancy.

As for your Cover Flow issue... I still don't really get what you're saying.

- John

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
Your email problem:
Go into Settings>Mail>Your Account>Advanced. Scoll down to the bottom and toggle "Use Recent Mode". I'm not sure if it's on or off, so just switch whatever your setting is.

The Apple logo is supposed to have a slash through it. It's fancy.

As for your Cover Flow issue... I still don't really get what you're saying.

- John

alright ill try again for coverflow mode in iTunes everything is A ok like all the songs are where they are supposed to be. but after i synced my phone for the first time all the coverflow for iTunes is fine but the iPhone is all mixed up. as the songs are not going where they should

umakbill

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
try re-syncing the iPhone first of all and make sure that all goes smoothly. Also, the coverflow on your iPhone is sorted in "Album by Artist" order which, if your iTunes coverflow is sorted different, might change quite a few things. Make sure your stuff in iTunes is sorted right and try again.