First day with the Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kobel1up, May 2, 2016.

1. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

Well I wanted the Apple Watch since it came out but I don't normally jump into new technology when it comes out. I waited until now to purchase one. I am impressed with it so far. I tried many of the fun features.
    I answered a call from my wife on it, and sent a few messages. I used it as a remote for my 6+ and took pictures. I love the alarm feature, and it seems to work without draining the battery. That was one of the bad things I read about the watch was battery life. I must not use mine enough because it went from almost full charge to 70% in 18 hours.

I would like to know where the phone location app is on the watch?
    And any other cool features that are useful.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I was thinking about purchasing one and was hoping for more information here, but I see no one has even answered this post from May. :rolleyes:

3. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

What kind of info are you looking for?

I enjoy the ability to see my texts and who is calling me without having to get my phone. If my phone is charging I can use my watch for normal things. Texts,calls checking the weather, as long as you are within 25 to 30 feet.
    You can turn do not disturb on your watch and it does it on your phone as well.
    I hate the sound of alarms and hated every alarm clock I've used. I don't even like the ones on my iPhone. The watch if you silent the tone it only vibrates. It has gotten me up from deep sleep.
    I like the remote function for the iPhone camera. I can see my picture on the watch and then take the picture from my watch.

Any questions just ask.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, you can't see it, but a spammer replied about a week ago. :D

Sometimes there are more posts by spammers on a given day than posts by members.

5. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I have a Samsung Gear Fit2, but unfortunately, as of current, it is not iOS compatible. They say they are working on an app and should be released by the end of the year. But, the way things have gone with Samsung Customer support lately, I'm not too confident. I have until Oct. 27 to return it. I like the iWatch but the one thing that I do not like is the native sleep tracking. But, there is a sleepwatch app that supposedly recognizes when you do fall asleep. The others you need to activate it when you go to bed. Any suggestions?

6. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

I'll have to look into the sleep tracking. I never had any issues. It does tell you to get up if stationary to long. That woke me up at night. So I turned that off. Lol

7. Txcybermom

Txcybermom New Member

I have the sleepwatch app and love it. It detects when I go to sleep and wake up automatically, even for naps! It's very accurate.

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Leave me out of this. :D

9. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Member
    Bronze

I work swing shift so a sleep tracker would help me. It's a good thing for a normal shift.