first dead/stuck pixel

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
more of a rant than anything. last night i noticed on my screen a little blue dot up by the date on my lock screen (only screen it really shows as it blends in with the other ones). i tried taking a picture of it and it didn't show up which is why i think it is a stuck pixel. downloaded stuck pixel fix and pixelchecker from cydia but neither did the trick. i'm gonna do a restore to see if that fixes it but i'm not holding my breath.

i'm just annoyed because i have taken meticulous care of this iPhone, kept it on 2.2 so i can unlock and sell it when the new iPhone comes out this summer, and now i either have to sell it with a bad pixel, or get it replaced as i'm under warranty and get a refurb that is on 2.2.1 and not able to be unlocked. what would you guys do?

i guess i had something bad coming for cheating on so many girls, but damn i didn't expect anything like this :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Hehe, karma is mysterious.

To Apple's credit, just like dust under the screen, dead and stuck pixels are relatively rare to the iPhone. I hope your restore does the job.

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Karma is just a never ending cycle of good and bad. Be bad to good people and bad things will happen to you. When they do happen it couldnt get any worse so continue as normal.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
The last time I got a replacement iPhone it was on 2.0 firmware when 2.2 was out. You might get lucky and have a pre-2.2.1 firmware replacement.