First dent/Replacing the back

bentrider

Oct 7, 2007
I was rushing out of my house today. Opened the door. Saw it was raining. Went to transfer my iPhone from my back pocket to my hand so that I didn't sit on it when I rushed into the car. Managed to drop it on the ROUGH concrete and put a nice scratch/dent in the corner. Works fine. Can only be seen from the back but bothers me. Anyone know how much the Apple Store will charge for a new back?

iPhone8801

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
I was rushing out of my house today. Opened the door. Saw it was raining. Went to transfer my iPhone from my back pocket to my hand so that I didn't sit on it when I rushed into the car. Managed to drop it on the ROUGH concrete and put a nice scratch/dent in the corner. Works fine. Can only be seen from the back but bothers me. Anyone know how much the Apple Store will charge for a new back?

Seeing that you neglected to place a bomb-proof cover over the entire phone like the majority of the iPhone users it was bound to happen.

Honestly, like anything hand-held there is always a possibility of dropping it. Though I do admit my own iPhone is naked I know for a fact that one day a mishap like yours would eventually happen. If that is the case I am willing to live with it. $hit happens right?

So, to answer your question I have heard of people trying to replace the back. However, if it is only a scratch...it's not worth replacing. Just buy a new phone my friend. :p

Good luck!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Will they even give you a new back? All I've seen them do to date is just replace it.

bentrider

Oct 7, 2007
Will they even give you a new back? All I've seen them do to date is just replace it.
That's what I was asking. I saw references of "repairs" somewhere I thought. Tis just a scratch but it annoys me.

And I hate cases. Had cases for my previous phones and always ditched them. Why by a phone because it's thin and fits in your pocket then slap a thick grippy rubber case on it?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
looking at the phone wrong voids your warranty..