First impressions...

fastfox

Jul 19, 2008
After waiting in line at my local Apple store this afternoon for about 1.5 hours I finally walked out with my 16gb black 3g. Needless to say I was very happy and immediately canceled my direct fulfillment order with AT&T (placed on the 13th). After playing around with it for a couple of hours the two things that I have noticed most is the improved speeds with 3G and the extremely noticeable improvement in sound quality. I can hear others much more clearly, the difference was frankly shocking. And since I live in a city with amazing 3G coverage I was very impressed with the improved speeds. For only $15 more a month, I am very happy with my purchase.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
congratulation!
enjoy your new phone! still waiting for mine.

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Nice man.

So people sound clearer on the 3G iPhone compared to the V1 iPhone? If so that would be awesome!

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Nice man.

So people sound clearer on the 3G iPhone compared to the V1 iPhone? If so that would be awesome!
People really do sound fantastic on this phone. I had a cell call from Europe a few hours ago and I couldn't get over how clear and "hifi" the sound sounded.

yuuphone

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Got my 16GB white iPhone today as well as they were out of black ones but I prefer white over black anyways. Have yet to try 3G as I'm currently in Edge city but overall my iPhone withdrawal is over (I sold my v1 6 weeks ago :oops:)

damstr

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
People really do sound fantastic on this phone. I had a cell call from Europe a few hours ago and I couldn't get over how clear and "hifi" the sound sounded.
Great to hear. I didn't think there was a difference between the V1 and 3G in voice quality but now its just another reason to love the 3G iPhone. I have to admit voice quality on the V1 is terrible. I have a 5 year old low tech verizon phone still and calls sound so much better on it kinda sad. haha

Can't wait till mine comes in Sat. :laugh2:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yep, definitely a difference in clarity for me with calls

adlx21

Bronze
Jun 21, 2008
man only 1.5hrs.. i waited 4hrs ALONE... damn, never doing that again..
but yeah, congrats!

fastfox

Jul 19, 2008
Sorry to revive this thread but after three days of having this phone I have to say the difference in 3G speeds is incredible. I live in Columbus, OH and I have had the chance to be almost all over the city and and even my slowest 3G speeds have dwarfed any edge speeds I previously had. I use my iPhone for internet so much more than I used to, the $15 a month difference is well worth it.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Nice man.

You even sound clearer to them. I was on the phone with the iPhone 3G talking to a friend, and I asked them how I sounded. They said it was very very clear and that it sounded as if I was talking on a landline rather than a mobile phone.