First iPhone 5 Reviews

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by chris, Sep 18, 2012.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

iPhone 5 Reviews Roundup

Engadget
    “Visually, much has stayed the same, but the biggest change is impossible to see. Pick up the iPhone 5 and you’re immediately struck by the reduction in weight…..the iPhone 5 absolutely shines.”
    Daring Fireball
    “It feels great, looks great, has the best display I’ve seen at any size, runs noticeably faster, networks noticeably faster, is way thinner and lighter than any of its predecessors, takes better photos, and, in my six days of testing, gets totally decent iphone-4S-level battery life.”
    CNET
    “The iPhone 5 is approaching perfection of a form, not a solution to a problem that isn’t there.”
    All Things D
    “The minute you pick the iPhone 5 up you notice it’s much lighter—20% lighter, in fact. It’s so much lighter that you wonder if it’s a demonstration mock-up, not the real thing.”
    Pocket Lint
    “You might marvel at the build and design, but Apple with the iPhone 5 has created a smartphone that is too safe for you: you’ll feel too mollycoddled.”
    USA Today
    People have always had lofty expectations for the iPhone 5, especially as the competition stiffens. In delivering a fast, attractive, LTE-capable and larger-screen handset, Apple has met those expectations with a gem.
    Slashgear
    “Right now, the iPhone 5 has the best balance of everyday usability and performance, without the distraction of functionality that is clever but unintuitive. It’s an area in which Apple excels, and it’s the reason the iPhone 5 is one of the best smartphones on the market today.”
    The Loop
    That has been my takeaway from the design of the iPhone 5 — small design changes that make for big user experience improvements.
    NY Times
    “If you have an iPhone 4S, getting an iPhone 5 would mean breaking your two-year carrier contract and paying a painful penalty; maybe not worth it for the 5’s collection of nips and tucks. But if you’ve had the discipline to sit out a couple of iPhone generations — wow, are you in for a treat.”

#1 chris, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Thanks for putting all of those together for us Chris.

3. Terry M.

Terry M. Contributor
    Silver

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing Chris.

4. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Reading those quick reviews is making it much harder for Friday to come around.

5. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Man I'm just getting into them but these reviews are pretty darn glowing. The negatives that everyone basically agrees on are absolutely nothing that concerns me with my usage. Damn, I can't wait for this iPhone.

6. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

^^^^^^^^^^^

Well written. Precise and to the point. Accurate to boot. Good job sir. :)

7. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks for this makes me forget my second guessing about staying with Apple.

8. redtop123848

redtop123848 New Member

Wow! Exciting!

9. snowtrooper1966

Gold

“The iPhone 5 is approaching perfection of a form, not a solution to a problem that isn’t there.”
    (y)

10. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Yeah great compilation of reviews. Thanks, Chris. Was a delightful read.

11. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Reading those brief reviews further enhances my excitement to end my brief sabbatical in the droid family and return to the iPhone community. I have patiently waited the last 9 months until the i5 was released.

12. applejailescape

Gold

13. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze