First iPhone 5 Reviews

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
iPhone 5 Reviews Roundup

Engadget
“Visually, much has stayed the same, but the biggest change is impossible to see. Pick up the iPhone 5 and you’re immediately struck by the reduction in weight…..the iPhone 5 absolutely shines.”
Daring Fireball
“It feels great, looks great, has the best display I’ve seen at any size, runs noticeably faster, networks noticeably faster, is way thinner and lighter than any of its predecessors, takes better photos, and, in my six days of testing, gets totally decent iphone-4S-level battery life.”
CNET
“The iPhone 5 is approaching perfection of a form, not a solution to a problem that isn’t there.”
All Things D
“The minute you pick the iPhone 5 up you notice it’s much lighter—20% lighter, in fact. It’s so much lighter that you wonder if it’s a demonstration mock-up, not the real thing.”
Pocket Lint
“You might marvel at the build and design, but Apple with the iPhone 5 has created a smartphone that is too safe for you: you’ll feel too mollycoddled.”
USA Today
People have always had lofty expectations for the iPhone 5, especially as the competition stiffens. In delivering a fast, attractive, LTE-capable and larger-screen handset, Apple has met those expectations with a gem.
Slashgear
“Right now, the iPhone 5 has the best balance of everyday usability and performance, without the distraction of functionality that is clever but unintuitive. It’s an area in which Apple excels, and it’s the reason the iPhone 5 is one of the best smartphones on the market today.”
The Loop
That has been my takeaway from the design of the iPhone 5 — small design changes that make for big user experience improvements.
NY Times
“If you have an iPhone 4S, getting an iPhone 5 would mean breaking your two-year carrier contract and paying a painful penalty; maybe not worth it for the 5’s collection of nips and tucks. But if you’ve had the discipline to sit out a couple of iPhone generations — wow, are you in for a treat.”

Last edited:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Man I'm just getting into them but these reviews are pretty darn glowing. The negatives that everyone basically agrees on are absolutely nothing that concerns me with my usage. Damn, I can't wait for this iPhone.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Reading those brief reviews further enhances my excitement to end my brief sabbatical in the droid family and return to the iPhone community. I have patiently waited the last 9 months until the i5 was released.