First iPhone drop not by me

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
today July 23 at 5:05 pm this girl at work is talking to my supervisor i look away for a second and i hear the most horrible sound ever. Bam bam bam, she says " your gonna kill me!" omg this b**** drops my iPhone and on top drops it on puro concrete,

consequences: one small dent on the back left top corner.

Lesson learned: don't let people use my iPhone on top of concrete or tile

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
today July 23 at 5:05 pm this girl at work is talking to my supervisor i look away for a second and i hear the most horrible sound ever. Bam bam bam, she says " your gonna kill me!" omg this b**** drops my iPhone and on top drops it on puro concrete,

wow, thats why I don't let anyone touch my iPhone unless they are my real close friends or family.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
now I'm considering the black back case thats 50 dollars but I think that voids the warranty, man this sucks. iPhone still works perfect but that dent is annoying especially that it wasn't done by me.

evilhomer

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
now I'm considering the black back case thats 50 dollars but I think that voids the warranty, man this sucks. iPhone still works perfect but that dent is annoying especially that it wasn't done by me.
What case are you refering to?

People used to ask to handle all my PDA's, phones, laptops, etc because I always have the "newest toys". Since I've made an effort to frequently pick my nose in public, the requests have all but stopped. May work for you.

Should that not work, you can always tell them you require a $600 cash deposit. If they drop it, they just bought it. :)

brinox

Bronze
Apr 30, 2007
the screen didn't crack? lucky bastard...

billchase2

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
definitely lucky. one of my friends dropped his today on cement... broke the screen. he's on his way to an Apple Store right now...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
definitely lucky. one of my friends dropped his today on cement... broke the screen. he's on his way to an Apple Store right now...
Wow, now I feel even luckier that all I got was a ding when mine flew off of my motorcycle.

--
Mike

djflyy

Jul 1, 2007
i saw some guy in front of me drop his iPhone in a puddle. i laughed

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
What case are you refering to?

People used to ask to handle all my PDA's, phones, laptops, etc because I always have the "newest toys". Since I've made an effort to frequently pick my nose in public, the requests have all but stopped. May work for you.

Should that not work, you can always tell them you require a $600 cash deposit. If they drop it, they just bought it. :)

exactly LOL
:p

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
i guess im lucky its just a dent on the left corner. But still it wasn't me, so it sucks more, I mean if it was me then thats fine its my phone.

Also I was talking about the black case someone posted about but u gotta desassemble the iPhone an replace the silver part with the new black case

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
I am convinced...

for reasons I won't go into here... I am convinced they at times drop our expensive toys because of a jealous streak ...

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com

OMG, you let people touch your iPhone?

I think that girl owes you a new phone and she can have the dented one. Either that or her firstborn, which you could probably sell on ebay for at least 600 dollars.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i guess im lucky its just a dent on the left corner. But still it wasn't me, so it sucks more, I mean if it was me then thats fine its my phone.

Also I was talking about the black case someone posted about but u gotta desassemble the iPhone an replace the silver part with the new black case
that would prob cost ya 59.99 like the one i saw. pretty expensive but it would relieve the itch you get from lookin at the dent:p

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
In a sense I don't think its 100% her fault, well it is but part of it is mine also, cause I was on a call and I was the one who handed her the iPhone So she could talk to my supervisor, Because he wanted to talk to her. But Still damn grown ass women can't believe drop my iPhone :mad:

telePhono

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
cocoplum, fl
www.myspace.com
its actually pretty durable i dropped mine down the stairs. ONE dent. two light scratches. fell down 13 steps at light speed. i thought it was over.
'

well now it is. i returned it. :oops:
and was actually more than a week late for the return date.

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
its actually pretty durable i dropped mine down the stairs. ONE dent. two light scratches. fell down 13 steps at light speed. i thought it was over.
'

well now it is. i returned it. :oops:
and was actually more than a week late for the return date.
wut u returned it? why?

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Had a dream that i dropped mine. Nothing so in reality though.

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
Check your phone really close, see if you can find a dead or stuck pixel and then return the phone. Or tell them there is light bleeding through on the top and bottom of the screen. This should work. Apple is really good at returns. At least I have had nothing but luck.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
My Prayers are With You and Your iPhone

I had to laugh when I read your post. I am not laughing at the fact that the (as you described her) b**** dropped your phone. I'm laughing at the way you described the incident. If it had of been me, we would have been headed to her bank to withdraw 600.00. She would have now been the owner of a slightly dented iPhone. I would have been on my way to the Apple Store to purchase a new one. If she wasn't cool with that, then I may be posting from a jail cell. I don't hit women, but like Chis Rock said, "there's a reason to kick anyone's a**":mad:. Dropping someone's iPhone, is a sin close to spitting on the Pope. I let no one handle my iPhone unless they can put a 600.00 deposit in my hand. It's not even about the money, it's more about what I had to go through to get it. I will certainly pray for you and your iPhone tonight:mad:...M