First iPhone Introduced 7 Years Ago Today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hondamaker, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Fixed the title and added the video for good measure.

Where were you on that day? I was watching my website, hey everythingiPhone.com, on shared $20 a year hosting crash like there was no tomorrow.

3. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Thanks Chris. It was from your website that I learned there was going to be an iPhone.

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Thanks for posting this, we've come a long way with these iPhones, I'm excited to see what we may have 5-10 years from now!

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Next time we complain about the battery, camera or some ill-performing app, we can look back at where we've come from.. especially the other devices (many of which I owned). The Moto Q, Palm Treo 700. Imagine if they were in charge of the future of mobile and not Apple.:eek:

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Scary thought indeed!

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

I wish I hand't given away my original iPhone. My friend destroyed it.

8. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

Man I was so pumped up about this announcement. Sure there were other touchscreen phones on the market but we all can agree not like this. Even though it was limited in functionality (couldn't send mms) it was a game changer. Apple sure changed the game with this device and help pave the way to the gadgets we use today.

9. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I feel that way about my old PowerCenter Pro clone. In truth, it would be collecting dust in my basement, but I feel like it's sort a bit of history. Probably more my computing history, but it was the shining light of the clones.

10. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

11. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I got my first iPhone (8gb edge) in after the first price drop in September.... I remember how the forums lit up as people who bought the phone in June where so upset with the price drop....

~S

12. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I was on a rare vacation and remember leaving the beach to deal with the mayhem. People were crazed!

13. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

I got mine the first day. I was amazed. I didn't really care about the price drop. I was the first guy in town and at Honda to have an iPhone. That's all that mattered then.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yep. I was first in and first out to the applause of the line waiters. It was a geekdom high, that day was.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Wow, first. I got there about 4 or 5 that morning. By far, it was the shortest line of any iPhone launch, save for the iPhone 5s. That line was pretty small. The iPhone 3g launch was the longest, by far. That wrapped through the internal back rooms of the mall, which were about a thousand degrees.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I arrived at the AT&T store in Lanham around noon for the original iPhone. There was no line yet, so I formed one outside.

17. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

I didn't get first gen iPhone till April of 08. It was the 8gb and I was back in June for the release of the 3G version. Lol