First iPhone Problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I have been getting really good battery life over the last month. consitantly between 2-3 days. Last night I added a fer more programs before I went to sleep. Yesterday when I woke up, i noticed my battery life going faster than usual. I checked the usuage reading under settings, and both the standby and usage said the same thing. The ipod wasn't on, nor wifi, or SSH, but I don't understand what would cause them to read the same thing. Anyone. I have since removed all the programs that I installed the other night in a hope that it might offer a fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Problem solved. After I removed all the apps that I had installed previously I remembered there was a graphic that I had installed also. It was the Battery graphic from AlohaSoft that is available via installer. Anyone else have this issue?

Once I removed that, everything "seems" to be alright. At least according to the usuage standby reading.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I've noticed certain apps can cause weird battery drain issues. I've never tried the battery icon, but I have noticed that the notifier which puts an sms or mail icon in your top bar when you have one seemed to drain my battery a lot faster than when I didn't have it installed. I have a hunch why but am not sure. I have tested the exact same usage with and with it not installed and I definitely get a noticeable amount more when it's not installed. So YMMV but there are definitely apps that will drain the battery faster.