First iPhone to be available only at AT&T and Apple Stores

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
an article in local businesss section says that the phones will be sold in att owned stores and Apple stores only. After the initial launch, they will be available at other locations and online. does this mean no Apple online during launch...., it was an associated press article so im sure it can be found online.

May 6, 2007
United States
an article in local businesss section says that the phones will be sold in att owned stores and Apple stores only. After the initial launch, they will be available at other locations and online. does this mean no Apple online during launch...., it was an associated press article so im sure it can be found online.

I don't know. I guess this article is stating that, from what you say, but you never know. I guess it would make sense to wait and sell them online at a later time, though. It's like a quick restock. Think about it this way. All of the people who really want one go to the stores on day one. Most iPhones are gone, and -BOOM- they start selling them online the next day. It would help cope with the demand, and it's a little radical (out there), but it just might work :D

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
PLEASE QUOTE SOURCE!

Either provide a link or type it in or at the very least give us the name and location of the paper with the title of the article.

You say you are sure it can be found online, did you even try?

Sorry if I sound harsh but with so many rumours floating around I think it is important for everyone to provide verifiable references to information when possible.

- SR

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
That article doesn't even discuss online stores. I think it will still be available at 6 PM Pacific time from Apple.com on the 29th, but it won't ship until Monday 7/2. Don't look for it on At&t's site until 30 days later.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Thankyou for linking to the source.

About the only thing I find interesting in this article is this tidbit

"AT&T owns 1,800 retail stores... In all, AT&T has 8,000 franchise outlets and retail carriers"

The article goes on to say that only the AT&T owned stores will be getting the iPhone at first. We already knew this. What we didn't know, or at least I didn't know, is that there are 8,000 franchise stores that will not have the iPhone on launch day. That is a lot of stores.

Launch day purchasesers better confirm before hand that the store they plan on going to will have the phone, otherwise there may be a lot of disappointed people.

- SR