First Monthly Bill is $0.00?

CowboYZ

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Florida
Hi, I've had my iPhone activated on AT&T service for about a month and went online to see when my first bill was due and found out it's due today.

So I check how much the bill is going to cost and it says $0.00 and when I click Bill Summary, nothing appears. All it lists is my next monthly payment date in March.

Am I going to have to pay both bills on my next due date in March? I checked my banking account and I have not been charged (which makes sense because I haven't set up Auto-Pay.)

Thanks^

Edit:

Hawk said:
Not sure if it's nation wide, but billing closes on the 17th and post on the 20th.
Interesting. I'll keep you posted if this is true.

kokogirl said:
Did you pay a downpayment or something that may have covered your first month?
Nope, I've only paid for the iPhone.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Hi, I've had my iPhone activated on AT&T service for about a month and went online to see when my first bill was due and found out it's due today.

So I check how much the bill is going to cost and it says $0.00 and when I click Bill Summary, nothing appears. All it lists is my next monthly payment date in March.

Am I going to have to pay both bills on my next due date in March? I checked my banking account and I have not been charged (which makes sense because I haven't set up Auto-Pay.)

Thanks^
I would call them (ATT customer service). I thought they charged the data plan a month in advance and the current phone plan for the month. Did you pay a downpayment or something that may have covered your first month? I had Cingular before ATT so I have not changed carriers in a long time and I do not remember what my first months bill looked like.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Not sure if it's nation wide, but billing closes on the 17th and post on the 20th.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
They still haven't posted the new balances yet.

Last Payment Received$59.14
Total Amount Due $0.00
Payment Due 03/10/2008

Should happen sometime today. I get email notification when they post it.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
might want to call. You are not going to want to see both months all at once. It does happen.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If nothing posts today, then I would definitely call them and verify your bill and most importantly, WHAT you are being billed for.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Actually maybe you have been the chosen one to receive free service for life

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD

Thanks^

Edit:

Interesting. I'll keep you posted if this is true.

Nope, I've only paid for the iPhone.
I activated my iPhone on 12/25. My billing cycle ended on January 4. When I checked my account online, my balance remained zero until I got my February bill on 2/5/08. That bill included pro-rating for the number of days between 12/25 and 1/5, activation fee, etc., as well as the 59.95 charge for the next month's service. Nothing is free. One way or the other, Big Brother will find you. :eek:

A lesson learned: I monitored my monthly minutes during the month of January and found out I needed to upgrade my minutes to the next level. When my billing cycle reset on the on 2/5, the information on my online account was simply wrong: minutes were showing up as overages. Keep an eye on your account after the billing cycle resets. I had to contact AT&T CS three times to make sure I wasn't being charged overages for included plan minutes.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
AT&T must be having billing problems. I too still have a balance of $0.00 due on 3/10/08

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
As a friendly gesture, I have paid all EIC's members bill this month, iCafe gave me the $$$$.:p

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Wish that were true, but unfortunately, my actual balance showed up today. :(

Julohan

Mar 8, 2008
I just purchased the plan yesterday. They did not charge me anything. When you got your bill was it for just one month or two?

CowboYZ

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Florida
I just purchased the plan yesterday. They did not charge me anything. When you got your bill was it for just one month or two?
Mine was for two bills. The total came out to be $161.75 with the $59.99 plan.