First of the month

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jsims1, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Jsims1

Jsims1 Member
    Bronze

Ok, I have a quick question. My wife and I are eligible for an upgrade on the 29th of October. I have heard that you become eligible for the upgrade on the first day of the month you are eligible.

Now, I can always just check on October first.... however I was wondering if anyone here knew before I tried calling At&T.

2. josh.ua

josh.ua Member
    Bronze

Generally you are not able to upgrade till the exact date through most places, however going to an actual AT&T store to upgrade your phone, you may be able to get them to let you upgrade early. Apple store employees don't have the power to waive that upgrade and all websites will see it as just another day before you're eligible, not that you're close.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?cv=820&sid=KB62516#fbid=ihn9WvwKIIy

You can either check when you're elegible for an upgrade online, or by dialing that code. It'll send you a text message. The date it gives you is accurate and it is what AT&T goes by.

4. Jsims1

Jsims1 Member
    Bronze

Yes, like I said I know my specific upgrade date, but I have heard it changes to the first of the month when you hit the month you become eligible. So, I guess I am just asking if anyone can verify this?

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have never heard of that, but this may help. It says that it's true from the comments that long time members commented.

http://forums.att.com/t5/Phone-Upgrade/Upgrading-on-the-first-of-the-month/td-p/3138161

6. Jsims1

Jsims1 Member
    Bronze

7. Jsims1

Jsims1 Member
    Bronze

I mean I'll just have to wait till the first. If I think about it I'll update on this thread if I am indeed eligible or not.

8. Jsims1

Jsims1 Member
    Bronze