First post off iPhone :-)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ThePain

Nov 1, 2007
Hey all, just new here and wanted to make a post off my iPhone :)

So who would upgrade straight away to a 16gb iPhone If and when it gets released?

And how many ppl's iPhones are full?

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Theres really no need for the increase in memory it would be a great thing to get more new customers but how much music do you really need on the phone itself. I'm happy where i'm at personally but others may think differently. By the way welcome to the site.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

So who would upgrade straight away to a 16gb iPhone If and when it gets released?

I'm indifferent on an increase to 16GB, what would make me buy the 2nd gen iPhone is 3G, MMS, and a file system, and a much louder speakerphone/ring :) That said I'll probably buy it even if it doesn't have the latter three items, as long as it's 3G I'll be happy.

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
I wouldn't mind having more memory actually ... then again .. i went for the 4 gig and it filled up fast ... some songs and if you add video .. forget about it ... but i guess i should try the 8 gig before complaining ...

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I'm indifferent on an increase to 16GB, what would make me buy the 2nd gen iPhone is 3G, MMS, and a file system, and a much louder speakerphone/ring :) That said I'll probably buy it even if it doesn't have the latter three items, as long as it's 3G I'll be happy.
DITTO!

didn't want to type everything you just said. :cool:

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I wouldn't buy the second gen iPhone solely for more memory; with more than 150 songs, a few television shows and dozens of photos I'm barely at half capacity.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007

Since I use the iPhone's ipod mostly for movies, (I keep my reg ipod in the car) I wouldn't mind more memory. Oh and the funny thing happened the other day, I was watching a movie on my iPhone on my way home(Amadeus) I received a call and started talking and restarted the movie. HA! I did not know i could do that. I was watching the movie (with sound) and talking on the phone at the same time. I felt like I was at home.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL

welcome my man...this a real good site man wit' some good people on here who got some serious knowledge man about the iPhone...

16g...ah man would love it!...the 8g is a lot...yet when you start uploadn movies oh boy...man why you had to get me like that man...16g...now you got me wantn one...lol

...i got about 6g left on mine...only time i'll load any movies on mine if i'm goin' on a LONG trip...

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
16 gigs? Not so much better. Now, ask me about a 32 gig and I'd have to think about it. 64 or more and I'd be all over it. I'd sell my first born and my HDTV if I had to. (and I probably would, aren't 64 gig flash drives still over $1000?)

I would like for them to make one with GPS, rotating maps, SD card reader, and maybe a hard button or pull out keypad for quick manual dialing access. All the nifty things they've done with making it fun and easy to access contacts, and the number one thing I've noticed when showing it off to friends is "how do you dial the phone?" and the disappointment in their face when I say "well, you gotta hit the phone button, and then hit the keypad button, and if you're in a call with an automated menu, you gotta hit the keypad button there to bring up the numbers, and you can't be holding it to your ear while you're dialing like on a regular phone... But you can watch videos on it!"

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Welcome to the forums!

If a 16 gig were released, no, I wouldn't get it. I'm really picky about music. I only buy it if I know I'll love it, so only have about 1.4 gigs of it. In total, 1.8 gigs of my total 4 have been used.

ThePain

Nov 1, 2007
wow a lot of replies so late at night, well for me late at night being in Australia. =)

16gb seems a lot to me, well my 8gb only has like 2gb used on it and thats heaps of music, no real videos yet though. So maybe it would fill easily lol

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
wow a lot of replies so late at night, well for me late at night being in Australia. =)

16gb seems a lot to me, well my 8gb only has like 2gb used on it and thats heaps of music, no real videos yet though. So maybe it would fill easily lol
Congratz and welcome to the forums, this is a really great place with plenty of helpful people, stick around around mate!;)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY

I don't have a lot of music. And by that, I mean 250 some songs is my entire library (I'd say half of them or so are ripped in lossless format from the few CDs I have). But I do love videos. That is, however, one thing I won't be able to do much of, with only 5 gigs available for me to put video on. An improvement in space needs to be a BIG one for it to be worth it to a video junkie, though.