First real pic of 3G iPhone back?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
found this pic over at macrumors:

i'm not a photoshop expert, so i can't tell if this one has been modified, but the model and FCC numbers on it do make it look like a prototype model. this looks more real to my eyes than some of the others ones i've seen...

Last edited by a moderator:

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
found this link over at macrumors...

i'm not a photoshop expert, so i can't tell if this one has been modified, but the model and FCC numbers on it do make it look like a prototype model. this looks more real to my eyes than some of the others ones i've seen...
hmmm I don't know about any of these pics that have been popping up. The edges around the Apple logo sure are kinda jagged. That's the only thing that might lead me to believe there was some editing done. I sure hope they are all fake, I was hoping for a camera with a flash *sigh*

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
found this link over at macrumors...

Yeah but i don't think we will see an 8gb version of the iPhone 2 hence i think phoney. But hey I could be well wrong

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
ewwww, ugly. I think its a fake. Wait 6 days and find out. Its on like donkey kong.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
hmmm I don't know about any of these pics that have been popping up. The edges around the Apple logo sure are kinda jagged. That's the only thing that might lead me to believe there was some editing done. I sure hope they are all fake, I was hoping for a camera with a flash *sigh*
i know what you mean - just people out there with too much time on their hands photoshopping stuff to get attention and/or cause a frenzy among Apple fans. :mad:

i was hoping for a flash too, though it's not a deal-breaker for me. i just hope it really doesn't get a plastic case. my incase slider case does a good job of protecting my iPhone, but it's showing wear pretty obviously...

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
I think it's a bust. If you look in the camera whole, it looks like you can see the wood grain that is found on the table, which would lead to me to believe that it's hollow.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I think it's a bust. If you look in the camera whole, it looks like you can see the wood grain that is found on the table, which would lead to me to believe that it's hollow.
yes, but it's meant to be just the back casing without the internal components installed...

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
It does seem pretty real to me, even despite the 8GB stamp. With the codes used, it does seem like a pre-production release. It's still all speculation...

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
yes, but it's mean to be just the back casing without the internal components installed...
What do you mean it's mean? What does that have to do with it being fake? It's painfully obvious that it's not legit. It looks like a hollow plastic shell. Unless this guy somehow got his hands on JUST the backing of the new iPhone.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
What do you mean it's mean? What does that have to do with it being fake? It's painfully obvious that it's not legit. It looks like a hollow plastic shell. Unless this guy somehow got his hands on JUST the backing of the new iPhone.
spelling error - was supposed to be "it's meant"...

the idea is that it is someone internal at Apple or at the place where they're manufactured who had access to just the case back, not the entire iPhone. so it would be just a plastic hollow shell. the model number and FCC numbers have placeholder XXX's in them, which is typical of pre-production models...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Maybe the 8g will be the $200 version that is rumored.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Didn't we see these pix or ones like them a couple of months ago, and someone ruled them out as fake?

I agree that the identification on the bottom of the case brings credibility. I also agree that an all plastic back casing brings credibility as well since there have been discussions on the web that the metal casing adversely affects the GSM signal.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
spelling error - was supposed to be "it's meant"...

the idea is that it is someone internal at Apple or at the place where they're manufactured who had access to just the case back, not the entire iPhone. so it would be just a plastic hollow shell. the model number and FCC numbers have placeholder XXX's in them, which is typical of pre-production models...
That clears it all up! :) I was wondering what feelings had to do with it. If that is indeed the case (no pun intended) then Apple when down an interesting route regarding color, unless they will have more than one to choose from.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Maybe the 8g will be the $200 version that is rumored.
Boy I hope you're right because I have no need for so much memory and I don't want to spend another 400 or 500 bucks if I don't have to!

d55

Jun 3, 2008
looks fake to me..if you zoom in in p. shop you can see discoloration around the logo and the pixels around the text look more jagged than the rest of the photo..

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
So your saying they might get rid of the 8Gb replacing it with 16Gb, and the 16Gb will be replaced with a 32gig?

It better be. Apple has not been known to leave storage the same with newer models of just about anything. It is usually increased.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
looks fake to me..if you zoom in in p. shop you can see discoloration around the logo and the pixels around the text look more jagged than the rest of the photo..
I hope its a fraud! I'm REALLY not feeling that plastic backing. The bezel gave it a more sophisticated look. The plastic gives it a FORD look and the previous phone looks Mercedez-ish (Is that a word? ) lol