First thing you did with your iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 27, 2007
I just got mine yesterday, been reading this forum for about 2 weeks now and haven't' seen this topic come up. So I apologize if it's already been discussed but I'd like to share what I did with mine.

1.) I picked it up on my doorstep at lunch where the fed-ex guy so carefuly hide my box behind a planter
2.) Then I immediately docked it, activated it of course, sync'd some music and videos'

Other then all the normal things everyone else does
3.) Searced for that video of the skateboarding dog! It didn't' work for some odd reason so I ended up watching some guy do a comedic break-down of the evolution of modern dancing. (vanila ice, crab walk, robot, he even did less comonly known dances such as the weedwacker, and even the sprinkler, food shopper) Hilarious stuff.

So I've read all the negative things; my only complaint as an employee of a company entitled to discounted membership with AT&T I was informed they offer no such discounts for their service. I can understand not discounting the phone, but AT&T shouldn't stiff their own pre existing customers over this deal. Oh well, it's still worth it.

Thanks for all the good information on here, keep up all the good work.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Got home from work, package was sitting in my house, my bro brought it in. I opened it up, took the sim card out of my old phone, put it in the new one, then realized that doese'nt work. So i figured it out in about 5 min and activated on iTunes. Then I played with it for about 3 hours lol. Since then I have modded the crap out of it.

iLawyer

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Jersey
First thing with iPhone

Wasn't even planning on buying it. Was at dinner the night it came out. After a few drinks, I decided I was going to give up my treo and buy it. Next thing I know, I'm doing 140 in my vette to get to AT&T before they close. I was excited. They had plenty iPhones left. I bought an 8 gig and could not wait to start using it. So what was the first thing I did with it? Waited 48 hours for activation.

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I pretty much just stared at the box for a long time soaking it all in. I had been anticipating getting the phone since January. Then I opened it and did the initial sync and activation. I stared at the phone a little more. When it was done I played with it for a few hours. Then I stared some more. Finally I went to bed and docked it on my night stand. I drifted off to sleep watching it charge peacefully. My dreams were graced with images of flying Apples and touch screen faries.

Anyway, the first real thing I did to the phone was add ringtones. Since then I've added a few other mods. The infatuation still hasn't worn off.

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
i bought mine synced it with 3gigs of music cause i didn't wanns wait any longer. Then discretly went to my friends house where a bunch of my other buddies were there that had been hasseling me to get my precious baby an didn't say a word. I waited for an iPhone commercial to come on when i knew they would all turn to me and say " get it already" and thats when i pulled it out and said OK i guess and they all circled around for the demo. My buddies dad came down soon after and wanted me to order him some cigars and i did it right then and there.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
The first thing I did with it once it was activated waaaaas...take a picture of my family so I can add them to my contact list images XD

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
I typed each persons # and name on contact to get use to the keyboard and organized my music collection. then looked at the satellite view of around my house till I fell asleep.

Simon Templar

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Infinite Rider On The Big Dogma
First thing I did with my iPhone? Hmmmmm.

Oh yes....I remember.

I plugged in the cradle. Downloaded the new iTunes. And waited for 47 hours and change while AT&T got around to activating me.

Talk about a major corporation dropping the ball. What did they think? Only six people would bother to activate on the first night?

.....sT

chris07

Jun 30, 2007
activated, sync'd all my music/contacts/videos, took off the original plastic put on screen protector not even a second after i took off the original plastic, then set my email/wifi/, then charged it.

tys

Jul 19, 2007
Hopped on my bicycle, rode to work even though it was my day off, to activate with one of the PCs there since I didn't have OS 10.4 yet at home.