First thing you will do when you get your 3GS?

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I, for one, will first put all my music and videos onto it(finally). So that doesn't count.

The first new feature that I will be testing out is the voice control. It seems as if Apple has finally perfected voice control in the phone industry.

What will you guys be doing with your brand new 3GS?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Oh I won't even know where to start, I guess I'll start with the camera, video, and autofocus.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
First thing for me will be to activate and put in my contacts. Then I will immediately upload my Apps I have accumulated over the months. I can't wait to try out some of the games and other useful apps I look forward to trying. Over the coming days I will be learning the other features and familiarizing myself with all the cool things this new iPhone can do.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
restore from back up and then see if I can put a hacked ipcc file on it to get my mms back. After that I'll be seeing just how good the new camera, video recorder are, then see just how fast it really is.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Camera... And then I'll explore how speedy it is... or isn't.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
restore from back up and then see if I can put a hacked ipcc file on it to get my mms back. After that I'll be seeing just how good the new camera, video recorder are, then see just how fast it really is.
Forgot about that and it will be the exact same order I will do things. I just hope they include the mms icons so I don't have to put the hacked ipcc on. I think it would be better if they just put the mms icons in the release on wednesday so when it works it will just work and we won't have to do update anything. Do they expect that everyone connects to iTunes on a regular basis because they don't and how does AT&T expect to tell people. Since my account is provisioned I just hope they are there.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Oh and I forgot. Go on an app spending spree! I haven't been able to download any other apps ever since I filled up the old 8 GB v1.

SabaUnited

Bronze
Feb 5, 2008
Bucks County, PA
Does anybody have any tips for charging the battery before the first use? I've heard different things like letting it charge for 3 hours and letting it drain all the way down before charging it again? Any info would be appriciated...

Jun 26, 2007
Take a poop with it.
The iPhone has replaced quite a few of my toilet reading magazine subscriptions and now I can load websites faster!

CJisohsocool

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
1. Put my Sim card in it lol.
2. Make sure all the Plans and everything are set up right with AT&T
3. Put a screen protector on it (Hm... sounds like a Beyonce song aka Put a ring on it) lol
4. Put my case on it

3 and 4 depends on if i get it them in the mail before or the same time as my phone

then play with it lol

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
1. Put my Sim card in it lol.
2. Make sure all the Plans and everything are set up right with AT&T
3. Put a screen protector on it (Hm... sounds like a Beyonce song aka Put a ring on it) lol
4. Put my case on it

3 and 4 depends on if i get it them in the mail before or the same time as my phone

then play with it lol
Do you get a new sim card if you are upgrading? I am using a v1 at the moment.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Do you get a new sim card if you are upgrading? I am using a v1 at the moment.
If the sim in your V1 says 3G on it then you should be able to use the same one. Unless AT&T has instructions to use the new one only. I'm assuming you are having it delivered.

CJisohsocool

Bronze
Jul 28, 2008
Oh lol i should of explained better. Im using my mom's phone number to upgrade with (to get the 199 price) so i need to put my sim in it lol :p i have the 3g atm

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
If the sim in your V1 says 3G on it then you should be able to use the same one. Unless AT&T has instructions to use the new one only. I'm assuming you are having it delivered.
I doubt it is 3G. Really old model. How do I take out the sim?

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Bend a paperclip so you can put it in that hole on the top of the phone. It will pop out.
Damn not working. I'll just take it to the Apple store.I'm selling it unlocked and jailbroken. I can take out the sim and it will still work right?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Damn not working. I'll just take it to the Apple store.I'm selling it unlocked and jailbroken. I can take out the sim and it will still work right?
You sure you have one that fits pretty good and you are giving it a little pressure when you put it in? Yeah it will work without the sim but obviously not access any of the cell network.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I tried using one of my sister's old earrings and a safety pin. I applied some pressure, but don't want to damage the phone.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
Contacting the guy iam selling my 3G to. I asked him to wait until Friday.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I tried using one of my sister's old earrings and a safety pin. I applied some pressure, but don't want to damage the phone.
Ok just let Apple do it since with the 3g they included a tool designed to get it out which I am sure Apple stores have tons of. Those probably aren't thick enough to get it to pop out.