First thing you will do when you get your 3GS?

azsprty

Jun 10, 2009
Valley of the Sun
im going to transfer my sims card from sold 3g to new 3gs...sync...call AT&T to cancel all serivces on my old phone then probably play with the voice control and camera

macc55

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
safari...then video cam....i cant effin wait:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Oh and I will probably have an urge to make an unboxing video for the site:p

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Does anybody have any tips for charging the battery before the first use? I've heard different things like letting it charge for 3 hours and letting it drain all the way down before charging it again? Any info would be appriciated...
Great question...don't know the answer but would like it.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I was reading some stuff online and it specifically says you should be able to use it, but don't let it run dry. The reasoning behind that supposedly is that deep cycle charges shorten the overall battery lifespan.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
I'm going to see if mine will blend.

Saiko

Bronze
Jun 3, 2007
First thing? Probably lick it. because it's so hot :cool:

bass_lover1

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Lithium-Ion batteries are pretty easy to care for. The old nickel or cadmium based batteries needed to be fully discharged before recharging because the suffered a recharge memory. Basically the older batteries when only discharged 1/4 of the way then fully recharged consistently would eventually think that it only needed a 1/4 charge even if it was 1/2 dead, over time the battery would be charged less and less.

Lithiums are different, they actually prefer to be charged from 1/2 state, and it's only recommended to recharge from a dead battery about once every 30 recharges. All that does is recalibrate the battery life gauge to be more accurate.

Cliffs:

Fully charge your new battery, then don't let it go completely dead all the time, every once in a while is ok.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Case it (got that already)
Take a picture of some sort
Take some video
Test the speed with Safari
EIC: Thumbs-up post of some sort
iRovr: ditto
Tweet

Then I'll let the next person in line get theirs!