First thing you will do when you get your 3GS?

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
1) putting i in the new Case-mate Smooth case that I ordered and will be here tomorrow
2) since I'm picking up on my way into work, probably sync-ing/restoring in the car with MacBook Pro
3) testing out the "s"

Joe

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, but you suckas won't get the ultra-cool bag at the Apple store. :)
Do you think they'll give out T-Shirts this year? I was bummed that they didn't last year. At least they hydrated us though :)

Jan 11, 2007
Courtenay, B.C. Canada
Being this will be my first iPhone, aside from reading the manual, I suppose I will just be playing with all the settings or just spending time getting to know my new 3Gs.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I have given this some thought. Last Year I bought a case at the Apple store when I got my phone, my husband did too. This year I will bring my case with me. After the Sim cards are exchanged and the phone is ready for me to play with it, I'll put the case on it.

This time I'm going to have a Switcheasy Colors case that I just purchased today for it. Last year there were not that many selections at the Apple store that i liked and the one I got I used until I got my Incase sliders. I won't use an Incase Slider at first because I want all that extra protection the silicone Colors case has for it. The port plugs and the cover for the home button.

I know that the first thing my husband and I will do with our phones is call each other like we did last year. We were so excited and we had to hear how they would sound. They were awesome! This year we will do the same. I know that is such a simple simple thing, but it is now our tradition. We've got to place our first calls to each other and the rest is who knows. I know he'll probably take some video. I will too and I will probably download a TV show to see how that'll work. After that I don't know. There are soo many things to do it's crazy! I can't say in what order except for the stuff i mentioned, but that's basically the plan.

After that we'll take a cab ride to a restaurant (probably chosen from the Around Me App) and have breakfast and play with the phones. We plan on going early to the 5th Ave store in the City.

Then we'll go home and load our phones up and we'll have the rest of the weekend to play with them.

Such Fun I can't wait! We're going on July 17th.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I see you are one of the brave souls purchasing yours at the 5th Ave store. I admire you, But in all seriousness, did you preorder from there already? You ever go there before?

Jun 13, 2009
This is gonna be my first iPhone, so Im probably going to spend time oohing and aahing at even the most basic things lol, oh and hopefully not struggling too hard to apply an Invisbleshield screen protector!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I see you are one of the brave souls purchasing yours at the 5th Ave store. I admire you, But in all seriousness, did you preorder from there already? You ever go there before?
I have not pre ordered my phone yet. I didn't think I could since my date for the price I want to pay $299 is July 16th. If I can pre order for pick up in the store I will do just that.

My husband and I love the 5th ave store the Soho store is cool too and there is one in Jersey where we live, but he does not want to go there to get the phone. Can't blame him. We're not intimidated by the crowds. We go early in the morning and we walk right in so its cool.

john_T

Silver
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I have not pre ordered my phone yet. I didn't think I could since my date for the price I want to pay $299 is July 16th. If I can pre order for pick up in the store I will do just that.

My husband and I love the 5th ave store the Soho store is cool too and there is one in Jersey where we live, but he does not want to go there to get the phone. Can't blame him. We're not intimidated by the crowds. We go early in the morning and we walk right in so its cool.
Good luck. I'll probably see you guys on the TV with all the crews there.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
So you're not just picking up a new iPhone, Naps, you're trying to get a date? Great method...

;)

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
1st will be to activate it and sync with the stuff on my current phone without putting any apps or music/videos on. Once that is done I need to convert my V1 phone to a touch for my wife. I have to put that 1st or I might get hurt. Then I will try to organize the music I want on there and videos, and finally get only the apps I need on there. I will do the 1 month rule, if I have not used it in a month it goes. Then I will just mess with it to see what it can do that is not in the documentation!

Skimball

Bronze
Sep 7, 2008
KC
I will sync it first. Then I plan on shooting some video of my animals!

I spent a lot of the weekend cleaning up iTunes and prepping for my wife's conversion to my 3G from BB. My OCD is in full swing until Friday!

SabaUnited

Bronze
Feb 5, 2008
Bucks County, PA
Lithium-Ion batteries are pretty easy to care for. The old nickel or cadmium based batteries needed to be fully discharged before recharging because the suffered a recharge memory. Basically the older batteries when only discharged 1/4 of the way then fully recharged consistently would eventually think that it only needed a 1/4 charge even if it was 1/2 dead, over time the battery would be charged less and less.

Lithiums are different, they actually prefer to be charged from 1/2 state, and it's only recommended to recharge from a dead battery about once every 30 recharges. All that does is recalibrate the battery life gauge to be more accurate.

Cliffs:

Fully charge your new battery, then don't let it go completely dead all the time, every once in a while is ok.

Thanks a lot mate, I appriciate the feedback.