First Time Visiting Apple Store Genius Bar - Left With Bad Experience!

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
I have been experiencing similar issues to most on this forum...horrible battery life, poor sound quality (earpiece and speaker phone), screen clarity/sharpness, etc.
For the first time in my life, I decided to make an appointment with the Geniuses at my local Apple Store. Went in there with both my phone and my wife's phone. I showed him my phone and told him the issues I was having with it. He brought it to the back room (by himself) and tried to listen and see if the sound was indeed an issue. He came out and said that it was and that he would replace it (in addition to the sound, I told him the battery life was horrible and it would get very hot when on a call for more than 10min).
So far, so good.
Then, I showed him my wife's phone. Her phone has great sound quality, but the same battery issues/heat issue that mine has. His attitude all of the sudden changes. He says that I am supposed to have a separate appointment for each device. Then he says that is a problem (battery/heat) that he can not verify. Then, with all the balls in the world, he says to me that he has to also take into consideration that I am bringing two phones in with the similar issues. He claims that the battery and heat issue are not that widespread and it seems very strange that I would have the luck of getting two of them. Needless to say, this made me very pissed.
He ended up doing a restore, claiming that maybe something on my system at home was messing up battery life and said that if it continued to have the same issues, then to bring it back and they would exchange it. Only problem is, is that I don't live right around the corner from this store, I have to make another appointment, and they are never on time (you end up sitting there for a good 20-30 min past your appointment time).
Very frustrated. I have been an Apple customer for many years, even bringing friends and family over. I had heard that the Geniuses were very helpful, guess not in my case.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
weird never had a bad experience there myself ill give you my story...ok so i had my iPhone for about 2 months at this time never had any tech. problems with it and still haven't but the thing is i was arguing with my girlfriend on the phone one day and i got really upset so not thinking i threw the phone on my passenger seat with a little force appearently it was enough force to bounce off the seat hit the window bounce off the window and hit the dashboard then crash to the floor of my car and enough force to put a big ol' crack in the screen from corner to corner it was still funtional in every way but just had a big crack in it...so i came home restored it because it was hacked then went to the Apple store to see if they could help me out i walked in without an appointment and was assisted immediately by a rather "friendly" gentleman he took my phone went into the back (who knows what they do back there) and came back out with a brand new one no questions asked a non-apple-employed lady did ask me how the screen got like that i simply said it was on the dock and fell off my desk onto a concrete floor...i do not have a concrete floor nor do i ever have my iPhone dock at my desk needless to say i lied but hey a got a free phone out of it....and had the most pleasurable experience every in ANY store...

the point of my story is...you get some good ones and some bad ones but don't generalize because of one bad experience who knows next time you go back you might get someone like i had and then your whole opinion would change

coal0101

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I need .25

Were you tossing an iPhone or one of those Super bouncy balls that you get from the machines?

Resident Plarp

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
www2.oakland.edu
weird never had a bad experience there myself ill give you my story...ok so i had my iPhone for about 2 months at this time never had any tech. problems with it and still haven't but the thing is i was arguing with my girlfriend on the phone one day and i got really upset so not thinking i threw the ...
Shittle me English books; not three, not two, not'a one single period used correctly and yet, it made sense. :mad:

Visited the Genius Bar for the first time Saturday and have no complaints. Got a new phone too.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Shittle me English books; not three, not two, not'a one single period used correctly and yet, it made sense. :mad:
lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

and here's my negative experience(i previously posted this)

WELL...
here was my full experience of the "genius bar"/Apple store today.

i went into the store, was greeted by an Apple "salesman"(i'm guessing) and i quickly told him that i was in need of some service on my iPhone. after telling him that IF i were to charge it, the screen would malfunction he QUICKLY decided to check it for himself...and it did EXACTLY what i said it would do, but either way i don't care if he had to check the hot stove for himself. after this he takes me over to a computer where i sign up for my appointment(because i was too lazy to do it on the way up to the mall) and tell me that i have an appointment for 1245,..it was 12. i was kinda shocked to hear how much time it would take but i really didn't care since i was VERY hungry and Sbarro was calling my name, i also wanted to go place Beatmania in the arcade and had a pretty badass time with my friend. so we go back at 1240 because the guy told us to come a little early and there are still like 3-4 people in front of me, but hey i've got like 2-2 1/2 hours until work so i'm not in a big hurry. i try to kill some time looking at cases and the one i want (agent18 BLACK) is definitely not in stock, they only have the nasty "seed" colored one.. ew. anyway it's 115 and i just now go back to the counter and the guy is almost done with this old man, and he tell me "i was supposed to fix your iPhone but i'm going to lunch, that guy(he's helping someone else RIGHT NOW) will help you when he's done"... so i was like(in my head) "wtf do these RESERVATIONS MEAN?!" and i quickly remembered an episode of Seinfeld where he is talking to the car rental lady and hilarious ensues.. ANYWAY i wait ANOTHER 15mins(these minutes add up when you haven't had a phone ALL weekend) just to meet with the coldest person i've ever met. i tried to make some kind of small talk with the guy but he would NEVER talk back.. it was frustrating that after all this waiting he was being a douche. and i can see where people are going to be like "maybe he was having a bad day" but i was like i haven't had a damn phone ALL weekend.. (_ _; ) anyway he tries to charge it and it does exactly what i said it would do and he basically see's how f**ked it is and just pulls out a tiny box holding a new iPhone. i was pretty happy at this moment because i just got a new phone ^_^ but now i have to redo contacts/music/EVERYTHING but that's ok.. and when he was taking out the sim on my new phone he definitely misses the small hole the first time and scratches my silver lining.. THANKS. so i get my new phone and i being getting numbers from my friend..

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
What exactly are the guidelines on the exchange policy? Where can I find them. I never read anything that came in the box. Is it in there or on the Apple site?

mjeagent

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Northern Virginia
There are definitely no guidelines. It solely depends on who you get, what your problem is, and if they are in a good/bad mood.
Sometimes they will exchange it, but sometimes they will do a restore and tell you to come back if you continue to experience the issue.

Also, FYI...I asked my "Genius" if the phones in the little white boxes were new ones. He of course gave me the political answer...."I don't know, all I know is that they work."

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Also, FYI...I asked my "Genius" if the phones in the little white boxes were new ones. He of course gave me the political answer...."I don't know, all I know is that they work."
i can't say the same for yours but i have a strong feeling that my replacement was brand new. there was literally nothing on it and it seemed impossible to get it this clean after it had been used.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It's weird how everybody but me and a few others says that they have poor battery life, etc. Mine is great.

Sorry to hear about your experience.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
BTW - In the Apple Store I was in on Sunday, all of the Geniuses had awesome hats on with white Apple logos on the front. I wanted one sooo badly.

sl0ppyshat

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
There are definitely no guidelines. It solely depends on who you get, what your problem is, and if they are in a good/bad mood.
Sometimes they will exchange it, but sometimes they will do a restore and tell you to come back if you continue to experience the issue.

Totally agree....all depends on who you get. Good Thing most of the guys at the SoHo Stores are friendly and will practically just give you a "new" one since the store is so busy.

oldarata

Nov 30, 2007
Your complete source about epivir-hbv on us-medical.us

I just want to say

Information and sales of erythrocin
Consumer information about the medication epivir-hbv
Side effects of lasix
Explains the medication lanoxin
Consumer information about the medication lamivudine
Information and sales of koflet
Drug uses klonopin
Information and sales of ketotifen
Warnings/recalls ketoconazole
Drug uses ketasma

Glad to meet you

durkadurka

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Those guys suck.

They know what they are taught and nothing else. 80% of the time they can't help me with anything and they are just jerks. Wow, they have piercings and tattoos, I guess that makes them edgy.

clausenfan

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
i took my phone in, told the guy my problems. he didn't look for anything but serial number and gave me a new one. i guess he was lazy but i was happy.