Fix CameraApp to save Photos in 1.1.3

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
For those of you that use CameraApp, you may have noticed have noticed that 1.1.3 breaks the program from saving photos >.> doh!

Here's a very simple fix:

Create a symlink to DCIM in your /var/root/Media directory.

Open a Terminal window:

For Mac, in Finder Go>Utilities->Terminal
For Mac you'll need to login, just type:

ssh root@youriPhonesIP

When it asks for a password enter: alpine
You won't be able to see what you type, its masked, so if it doesn't work, you spelled it wrong so try again ;)

For PC, launch WinSCP Connect to iPhone, in top menubar Commands>Launch Terminal

-------

Now in the Terminal window, type this and hit Enter when done:

ln -s /var/mobile/Media/DCIM /var/root/Media/DCIM

Now your photos will save

-------

If your /var/root/Library/preferences folder is not symlinked to the one in mobile, then CameraApp cannot make the lt.elementus.camerap file, and as a result, it thinks its still in demo mode. I recommend keeping it like this until the Developer releases an update unless you've paid for it already. ;)

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
never had a problem with saving pics from the camerapro app, I'm jailbroken 1.1.3 using Nates method : )

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Good to know!

Set that lt file permissions to 000 for a cool trick!

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
For those of you that use CameraApp, you may have noticed have noticed that 1.1.3 breaks the program from saving photos >.> doh!

Create a symlink to DCIM in your /var/root/Media directory.

Open a Terminal window:

For Mac, in Finder Go>Utilities->Terminal
For Mac you'll need to login, just type:

ssh root@youriPhonesIP

When it asks for a password enter: alpine
You won't be able to see what you type, its masked, so if it doesn't work, you spelled it wrong so try again ;)

For PC, launch WinSCP Connect to iPhone, in top menubar Commands>Launch Terminal

-------

-------

If your /var/root/Library/preferences folder is not symlinked to the one in mobile, then CameraApp cannot make the lt.elementus.camerap file, and as a result, it thinks its still in demo mode. I recommend keeping it like this until the Developer releases an update unless you've paid for it already. ;)
I tried this and when I click on Open Terminal and enter the command, it gives me this message.

Last edited by a moderator:

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY

SPEW :D

Thats just too funny. Very simple fix then he goes on and on and on talking total giberish. Moding these iPhones has got to be the hardest thing ever done we have been spending 3 days trying to jailbreak 2 1.3 iPhones. But I love when you modders go very simple LOL :D

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Well its all relative really ;) Sorry you're having difficulties Jailbreaking, this is by far the most tedious of all the jailbreaks unfortunately. I was scratching my head quite a few times myself, which is why I made the tutorial, to help me better understand the process and learn through helping others.

@Mflantin:

"Simple" really, you forgot to place the "ls" in the command you're sending through WindSCP. Here's a quote from your quote:

Notice anything missing there? ;)

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
X66X thanks for taking the good ribbing. Seriously my girlfriend jailbroke her phone when it was 1.1 no problem. When some of her mods needed to be 1.3 she upgraded and spent 2 days trying to break her 1.3 iPhone finally got it to take. Now she's spent most of today trying to break mine.

She's been following this thread.
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-to-jailbreak-1-13-on-a-mac.18903/

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Well its all relative really ;) Sorry you're having difficulties Jailbreaking, this is by far the most tedious of all the jailbreaks unfortunately. I was scratching my head quite a few times myself, which is why I made the tutorial, to help me better understand the process and learn through helping others.

@Mflantin:

"Simple" really, you forgot to place the "ls" in the command you're sending through WindSCP. Here's a quote from your quote:

Notice anything missing there? ;)
Doh! ;) Thanks.... It Works! WhooHoo!

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
X66X thanks for taking the good ribbing. Seriously my girlfriend jailbroke her phone when it was 1.1 no problem. When some of her mods needed to be 1.3 she upgraded and spent 2 days trying to break her 1.3 iPhone finally got it to take. Now she's spent most of today trying to break mine.

She's been following this thread
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/how-to-jailbreak-1-13-on-a-mac.18903/
Hah, no worries mate, we're all friends here.

John's tutorial is pretty good, I followed most of it my first jailbreak attempt pretty smoothly, however I veered off a bit and wound up posting my own tutorial that followed the steps I did. The one I posted is pretty much a mash-up of like 3 different tutorials.

I have to admit, John's is even a little too technical for me, I was pretty clueless at that baseband downgrader step, I skipped it because I didn't feel to comfortable doing those steps. No harm, no foul, but if you're in the market for an alternative, hop on over to: This alternate 1.1.3 JB Tutorial. It's got progress logs for a few folk, which is pretty helpful incase you run into a similar snag and need a quick fix without waiting for help-response-post.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Doh! ;) Thanks.... It Works! WhooHoo!
If you decide to symlink your old /var/root/Library/Preferences folder to the one that now resides under the "mobile" user, do yourself a favor and set the lt.elementus.camerap permissions to "000" so that the camerapro.app cannot write to it.

Sure you won't be able to save your preferences like "Locker" or "Auto-Rotate" but in that same respect, the application also won't be able to log how many times you've used the "5 free tries" before it locks you out. In other words, 1.1.3 breaks CameraPro in the coolest way possible, lol.

Edit-

If you don't symlink your preferences, the lt.elementus.camerap won't be created, and thereforee you're free to snap burst pictures to your heart's content. I recommend linking it up however if you use the application Screenshot, it won't work right without being pointed to a preferences folder, that is at least until the correct 1.1.3 version of Snapshot is released.

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
If you decide to symlink your old /var/root/Library/Preferences folder to the one that now resides under the "mobile" user, do yourself a favor and set the lt.elementus.camerap permissions to "000" so that the camerapro.app cannot write to it.

Sure you won't be able to save your preferences like "Locker" or "Auto-Rotate" but in that same respect, the application also won't be able to log how many times you've used the "5 free tries" before it locks you out. In other words, 1.1.3 breaks CameraPro in the coolest way possible, lol.

Edit-

If you don't symlink your preferences, the lt.elementus.camerap won't be created, and thereforee you're free to snap burst pictures to your heart's content. I recommend linking it up however if you use the application Screenshot, it won't work right without being pointed to a preferences folder, that is at least until the correct 1.1.3 version of Snapshot is released.
Not sure what I did but for some reason my pictures aren't saving again. Any suggestions?