Fix for Yahoo Push

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
So when I first set up my iPhone... the yahoo push worked great...but over the last few weeks, it has really gotten bad. So today, I decided to do some searches and see if I couldn't find a fix. Seemingly, I found a way to get this push mail to work. In some random forum:

quote:
I finally got it to work. Had to go into the Advanced settings on the Yahoo iPhone setup and change the IMAP Path Prefix to:

imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com

(http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8300945231/m/861000195831)

When you make that change in your advanced settings, and then turn the phone off and back on. Now my new emails arrive within a minute of them being sent...the only drawback is that the only folder i see in my yahoo account is the inbox...not such a big deal to me.

Sorry if this was already posted...I did a search and didn't see it.

Alex

lrfhfs

Jul 11, 2007
files

Thanks,
It works.. Did trash files or sent files ever show up?

So when I first set up my iPhone... the yahoo push worked great...but over the last few weeks, it has really gotten bad. So today, I decided to do some searches and see if I couldn't find a fix. Seemingly, I found a way to get this push mail to work. In some random forum:

quote:
I finally got it to work. Had to go into the Advanced settings on the Yahoo iPhone setup and change the IMAP Path Prefix to:

When you make that change in your advanced settings, and then turn the phone off and back on. Now my new emails arrive within a minute of them being sent...the only drawback is that the only folder i see in my yahoo account is the inbox...not such a big deal to me.

Alex

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007

quote:

Alex

Seems to be working for me:laugh2:

brinky

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Seems to be working for me:laugh2:

Doesn't work any better, plus now I can no longer see any of my folders other then my inbox. I wanted push to work, but at least if I use my .Mac account and set it for 15 minute check i know I will get my messages every 15 minutes, not whenever yahoo feels like it.

lrfhfs

Jul 11, 2007
option

The nice thing about .mac is you can also create folders to store email with excel, word and pdf attachments..

Doesn't work any better, plus now I can no longer see any of my folders other then my inbox. I wanted push to work, but at least if I use my .Mac account and set it for 15 minute check i know I will get my messages every 15 minutes, not whenever yahoo feels like it.