Fixable or for the bin? iPhone 3G Unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by Frank Harvey, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Frank Harvey

Frank Harvey New Member

hi
    i bought an iPhone 3g on ebay for my other half,it was jailbroken and unlocked.
    after a while it would switch to the Apple logo every 5 or ten minutes,this would last for a minute or 2 then come back on
    foolishly and being a bit stupid about these things i restored it on iTunes hoping it would cure the problem,now i cant activate it, i don't know who the original carrier was, and when i use my o2 sim
    it just keeps saying searching on the top left
    is it fixable or for the bin
    thanks
    frank

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Look up Redsn0w on google and use that method to restore to a JB and unlocked state.

Check this video for help too

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Look up Redsn0w on google and use that method to restore to a JB and unlocked state.

Check this video for help too

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The best thing you can do is to jailbreak your device. As you said it's a 3G and you've restored it that can only mean you're on 4.2.1. Jailbreak using Greenpois0n RC5.2 which you can download here. Once you've jailbroken you will need to upgrade your baseband to the iPad's. This is fully reversible don't worry...

Once you've jailbroken and installed the iPad's baseband you can downgrade the baseband to another unlockable version which doesn't affect your GPS etc. Once you've done this, just go about your businesss with an unlocked iPhone 3GS.

Here's a guide.

#4 iphonewarrior, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Thread moved to the iPhone Unlock section.

6. Frank Harvey

Frank Harvey New Member

i am in the process of downloading the suggested software, the iTunes restore put it on (6.1, oldBR, 06.15.00)
    does that make a difference?
    thanks for the replies
    frank

7. Frank Harvey

Frank Harvey New Member

i am in the process of downloading the suggested software, the iTunes restore put it on (6.1, oldBR, 06.15.00)
    does that make a difference?
    thanks for the replies
    frank

8. Frank Harvey

Frank Harvey New Member

tried redsnow followed this instruction

9. Frank Harvey

Frank Harvey New Member

Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 (or newer) for OSX or Windows.

Open Redsn0w and select “Extras” then “Select IPSW”. Select the Stock iOS 4.2.1 firmware you downloaded in the step previous step. Do a controlled shutdown of your iPhone (“slide to power off”): this step is very important to avoid mount problems. On Redsn0w click “Back” and you will see the initial window. This time click on “Jailbreak”.

Enable “install Cydia” and “Downgrade from iPad Baseband” checkboxes. Click “next” and “next” to proceed through the normal DFU steps

The flashing process will begin: don't touch the device and don't disconnect the USB cable. It may take up to 10 minutes.

went though the whole instruction perfectly, now the phone is waiting for the last 40 minutes with "waiting to reboot"will wait another 10 minutes before quiting redsnow........................unplugged after 60 minutes waiting and.....back to "could not activate iPhone"