flash player

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

t74supra

Bronze
Aug 31, 2007
i was wondering if you were able to get flash player on your iPhone because i go to a lot of sites where it needs flash to plat something. is there a way to do in in ibricker.

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
i was wondering if you were able to get flash player on your iPhone because i go to a lot of sites where it needs flash to plat something. is there a way to do in in ibricker.

Gotta wait for Adobe on this one. It wouldn't come soon enough for me either, especially if their port their AIR platform over as well.

mario787

Aug 4, 2007
Gotta wait for Adobe on this one. It wouldn't come soon enough for me either, especially if their port their AIR platform over as well.
This is definitely my most desired app. I hope Apple is working on it or that somebody figures out a third party flash app.

iPhone™

Bronze
Oct 4, 2008
Australia
Although, Keep your hopes high as Adobe is developing a mobile flash player for the iPhone, Although the ball is in Apple's court and it is for Apple to decide if this is to go on or not.

If they do accept, Then undoubtedly Adobe will have a flash player for the iPhone within a short period of time.

thirdeye

Oct 12, 2008
this is my first post on the forum. glad to be a part of it.

anyways, its really sad there's no flash on the device. such a fantastic browser with no flash support is like a corvette without wheels :D

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
lol, that's the first thing I noticed as well. With a majority of the internet displayed in flash, the fact that Apple neglected to include it in it's browser is really surprising. Or retarded. Hard to determine with those guys.

Maybe they wanted to eliminate the possibility for people to design free online flash games that would compete with the app store. (retarded).

I'll just be happy when I can run nes and ps1 emu apps on this Gen 2, my little nephews will be amazed.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
lol, that's the first thing I noticed as well. With a majority of the internet displayed in flash, the fact that Apple neglected to include it in it's browser is really surprising. Or retarded. Hard to determine with those guys.

Maybe they wanted to eliminate the possibility for people to design free online flash games that would compete with the app store. (retarded).

I'll just be happy when I can run nes and ps1 emu apps on this Gen 2, my little nephews will be amazed.
A big factor in deciding whether or not to add it in was the battery life. Adobe and Apple have an iPhone with a fully working flash browser. I believe another factor was the ?TCU agreement.

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
If you are already surfing the web on your iPhone/iPod Touch, how does displaying flash elements on the web page vs. Not displaying flash elements have anything to do with battery life?

There are plenty of other web pages that do display visual elements that look like flash, but must be some other type, because they do display on this device, and are "touch interactive".

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
You get a little blue icon that looks like a square lego question marks on the side. Most sites will tell you to download flash. Good luck getting that to work though.

There used to be a little bookmarklet that would enable flash videos to play in the video player. I'm not sure if it still works. It's called iTransmogrify.
http://joemaller.com/2008/01/12/itransmogrify/

I think Apple broke the bookmarklets. Very valuable bookmarklets like "find in page" and "enlarge text" were really useful and don't seem to work anymore. Stinking Apple. Bookmarklets never hurt no one and they had to cripple them just to be jerks.

Apple is lying when it says the reason against flash is battery life. The reason is clearly the same reason they won't give us MMS, C&P, and A2DP. It's completely illogical.

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Things I would like to see supported on the iPod:
1. Flash
2. 3rd party browser, like Firefox or Icecat
3. Copy/Paste
4. Hulu.com
5. Netflix (yeah, keep dreamin')

This is why I support jailbreaking the iPhone/iPod Touch. It's probably the only way we'll ever get the device to live up to it's potential.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I heard that Apple disapproved of Adobe Flash because they were afraid of the possiblity that someone could write code that would break into the phones OS through the use of Flash.

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009

I heard that Apple is not allowing flash into the iPhone due to the fact that it could lead to viruses and what not. I read an article about it, I'll see if I can find it again.

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Flash can carry viral payloads?

Whatever the case, I'm going to jailbreak this thing when reds0w is released, and what Apple wants or doesn't want will become irrelevant.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Flash is *extremely* processor intensive. Next time you're on a flash website on your PC, watch your processor spike in task manager (or activity monitor for mac). That is what will drain your battery.

Who knows whether or not that's why Apple won't let us have it, but it is a legitimate concern.

Syncro_Fei

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Can't chew up any more watts than a YouTube video or video podcast.

This doesn't even include game apps.

How about a switch in Safari settings that enable/disable flash at the decision of the user, and allow me to decide how much battery to use web surfing?

Oh, I forgot, Microsoft and Apple have decided I am not smart enough to make those type of decisions on my computers.