Flash

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Nah, Just like Steve said to that Java is too slow and not a quality product for the iPhone.
We don't need Java though. It would only be easier on the devs since it's easy to code with. Flash on the other hand can actually improve the iPhone to new levels which would be good for Apple.

Hockey Puck

Bronze
Jan 22, 2008
PHOENIX ARIZONA
Pin Point Application From Apple

I went on to Apple's website. I went on the PinPoint website and tried to sign up, but every time I tried, it would go back to the desktop of my iPhone right away. Help.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I was just reading about the possibility of a new iPhone, and the possibility of it having 5MP camera.

But, begs the question. Why does the iPhone NOT have flash? Are there apps that people are using to assist with that?

Just curious...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
One can only guess why Apple hasn't included a flash so far. It could be phone cosmetics, battery life, or just the fact that LED flashes tend to cast an ugly bluish tint to photos. Personally, I feel there are just a few instances where a small LED flash would really help produce attractive results.

The key to getting decent looking low-light shots is a very steady hand (apps like Night Camera help there) and a little post-production. I often use Photogene right after taking a photo to increase the exposure and adjust levels and colors.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Apple knows what it's doing. look:

1st gen iPhone (edge only)
2nd gen (3G, navigation)
3rd gen (faster processor, video recorder, better navigation)
4th gen (as of now, 5 mp camera)

you see....why put everything on one phone when you can easily spread it out over the years. ppl are still gonna complain and buy the product because of the success of the iPhone.

Questie760

Jul 13, 2009
So I'm sure there may be a thread for this but I was wondering what the big hold up is on getting flash on out devices.

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
U must not have heard of iMobileCinema or Frash,.. Although I don't know their compatiblity with the iPad. Imobilecinema is for firmwares under 4.0 and frash for 4.0+.

Questie760

Jul 13, 2009
Why is it better without? Is there a crashing issue or is it just buggy. There are some sites that just don't work well without flash so I'm not necessarily looking for video viewing but it would be nice if they had an update that would allow it in the future. Did the people who make imobilecinema just not make a version for 4.0?

iusoloman

Bronze
Jul 13, 2010
I have a 3gs so I used imobilecinema but I uninstalled it. It works and everything but I have ad blocking active on my phone so don't have any use for flash. Browsing experience on iPhone is noticeably faster with ads removed. I really can't comment about frash 4.0,.. I just know it's available for those who want it.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Why is it better without? Is there a crashing issue or is it just buggy. There are some sites that just don't work well without flash so I'm not necessarily looking for video viewing but it would be nice if they had an update that would allow it in the future. Did the people who make imobilecinema just not make a version for 4.0?
Well I have frash 4.0 and it's flash but it loads the ads well but that's about it anything that has to do with a flash player it won't load

LGgeek

Jul 6, 2010
Los Gatos, Ca
To answer the original question, there will not be any flash on any idevices because Steve Jobs doesn't like flash (claims security issue, bogus) apparently someone from adobe hasn't genoughlected enough times to SJ.

iblastoff

Bronze
Jul 20, 2010
Toronto, Canada
iblastoff.ca
Sigh it has nothing to do with steve jobs not liking flash. What a ridiculous statement. It is because flash is not fully ready for mobile devices. In fact if it weren't for steve jobs speaking poorly of mobile flash, adobe would still be flat on their asses and not trying to push and develop 10.1 as hard as they can.